2. Accidental Friends

Sam and Dean were now in their house, the fire warming their cold fingers and bright red faces. Sam was reading a big, thick book while Dean was studying and making dinner. They didn't mind the quiet, it was comfortable and nice. There didn't need to be words spoken to understand each other, but of course Dean had to know how school was.

"So how was school? You're never this quiet. Did something go wrong?" Interrogated Dean.

"No, Dean. Everything was fine." Said Sam, not moving his eyes from his book.

"Then why didn't you wait for me? You always do." Answers Dean, while watching Sam sigh and set his book beside him.

"Dean. Is it really that big of a deal?" Sam answers quickly.

"You've got something you're hiding. And I will figure out."

Sam forces a laugh and grins. "You think I'm hiding something? Dude, Dean. I'm an open book. There is absolutely nothing I am hiding."

"And you're sure? Like, really sure?" Questions Dean.

Sam rolls his eyes. "Yes Dean. I'm sure."

"Fine. Now go get ready for dinner. It's almost done."

As Dean gets up and gets dinner ready, Sam goes and washes up. He sighs at he looks at his reflection in the mirror and fixes his messy hair. He goes out and sits at the table, Dean already waiting.

After dinner, they both went to separate rooms. Dean watching tv, and Sam back at his book. After a while Dean called lights out and Sam turned off his light, looking out into the darkness as he slowly fell asleep.

----
The alarm clock going off was the first thing Sam heard as he woke up. Dean was already up, and Sam could tell because he could smell bacon frying. Sam sighed and pushed himself up, flipping the alarm clock to "OFF." Another day of school. Another day of waiting for Dean.

After getting changed and ready for school, the brothers sat at the table and ate breakfast as they both slowly woke up. They didn't say much, except for their "good morning" and "time for school." At which they got up and cleared the table and got their bags to walk to school. They both walked side by side, not saying a word.

Sam looked straight forward at the school and saw students walking around and talking.

Dean put his hand on Sam's shoulder. "Have a good day. I'll see you later."

"Bye." Says Sam, watching his brother as he turns and walks over to his friends. He was beginning to think he would be left alone when he felt a sharp tap on his left shoulder. He turned to look behind him, only to see nobody. When he turned back, someone was over his right shoulder, scaring Sam half to death. Sam swung out to punch the kid, but he stepped out of range before he was hit.

"Chill man!" Says the boy, holding a lollipop in his hand.

Sam flips his hair out of his face and stares at the kid. "Who are you?"

"Me?" Asks the boy, while resting his arm on Sam's shoulder. "I'm Gabriel. Nice to finally meet you, Sam."

Sam had seen Gabriel in a few of his classes, but never paid attention. How had he not, when this kid had the face of an angel?

"Nice to meet you too, Gabriel."

*I said it will get a little longer! Anyway, if you would like me to continue, please tell me. Feed back is appreciated.
-AutumnMysterious