12. Back At School

After a few days of sleeping, medicine, and Dean fighting with Sam, he was finally allowed back at school. Sam was glad because being home alone and then coming home to Dean being mad was finally over... Almost.

When Sam could keep his eyes open for more than thirty minutes at a time, Dean would talk to him about why he wasn't eating much- or sometimes- not at all. Sam would just say he didn't feel like it or that he just wasn't hungry. Dean didn't believe him, but soon it got to the point where he was shouting at Sam. What was it to him? Dean never cared before.

Everyone at school asked why Sam had been gone, and of course he told some of the story. Dean and him were wrestling, he fell and broke his arm. That's all he told. His friends also wanted to sign his cast, so he let them. But he made sure to leave a spot for Gabriel the next time he would see him.

Gabriel walked into their English class, of course happy to see Sam in his chair. Gabriel walked over to Sam and pulled a chair up next to him.

"Hey Sweetheart. Glad to see you back!" He said.

Sam blushed and smiled. "I'm glad to be back." He answered.

Gabriel looked at his cast. "Everyone has signed it. May I?"

"Of course. I left a spot for you." Sam turned his arm a bit so the inside was shown blank. Gabriel grabbed the Sharpie and started to write. A few minutes later he stopped and put down the Sharpie.

The bell rang and Gabriel looked up at Sam. "I'll talk to you after class, Moose." He kissed his cheek and went to his seat.

Sam looked down at the elegant, curvy writing that was Gabriel's. He read what it said, and couldn't help but blush.

Samuel,
The love of my life. I love you to the stars and back.
Love, your angel faced boy.

He couldn't stop looking at the curvy writing and what it said. Gabriel really had a way with words. He looked back at him, and saw that he was slumped back in his chair, his legs out in front of him, watching the teacher. His eyes flicked to Sam and saw that he was watching, and wiggled his eyebrows. Sam's face burned as he turned his head to the front of the class and listened to the teacher.

After class was over, Gabriel got his stuff and helped Sam with his. They both walked out to the hall, where Gabriel asked Sam a question.

"How did you like my little note, Moose?" He looked over at the taller boy.

"I loved it, Gabriel." He answered. He couldn't help it. He stopped Gabriel and put his arms around his shoulders.

"Samuel I need to help you get to class-" Sam cut him off by giving him a kiss, and Gabriel leaned into it too. "Sam-" he started again, but Sam didn't let him continue. They had about one minute left to get to their last class, but they completely forgot. They walked into the boy's bathroom where Gabriel set down their stuff. He hopped up on the counter, looking at Sam. Sam smiled and walked up to him, his hands resting on Gabriel's thighs. Gabriel was level with Sam, and was looking into his hazel eyes.

"Moose, I never thought of you as one to skip class."

"I can't do much anyway, my right arm is broken." He lifted up the arm with the cast, showing that it wrapped from around some of his fingers to his shoulder. "Are you worried to not be in class?"

"No. I skip some of the ones I don't want to be in."

"You sly trickster." Sam said.

Gabriel wiggled his eyebrows. "It's what I am." He said as he dangled Sam's watch in front of his face.

"How did you...?" He asked as he looked at his left wrist.

"I have my tricks." Gabriel said as he laughed. He leaned forward and kissed Sam, as Sam tightened his hand on Gabriel's thigh. Gabriel pulled him closer, wrapping his legs around Sam's hips. Sam smiled.

"I love you." Said Gabriel.

"I love you too." Said Sam, as he bit Gabriel's lower lip.

They both skipped class, kissing and talking quietly until the dismissal bell rang. Gabriel looked at Sam, and untangled himself from Sam's hair and waist. Sam kissed him again quickly and turned to grab his bag. Gabriel hopped off the counter and grabbed their books. They both walked out hand in hand and started walking home.

"Won't Dean be mad?" Asked Gabriel when they realized they had left without him.

"No. He's hanging with some friends tonight, so it's just me." Sam answered.

"And Lilith." Gabriel added. He loved the little puppy, and loved that Sam loved her too.

"And Lilith." He agreed.

They walked to Sam's house, still holding hands. When they got in, they took off their coats and hats, and set their stuff down. Sam started the fire and sat down. Gabriel crossed the room and sat in Sam's lap, facing him. He brushed Sam's dark brown hair out of his eyes.

Sam had his hand at Gabriel's waist, and they talked until Dean came home. They didn't mind Dean, but Dean minded them and jumped up on the couch beside them.

"Hello Dean." Said Gabriel. Dean didn't answer, just watched his brother and Gabriel. "Dean what are you doing?" Gabriel asked.

Still no answer. And then he finally shouted out "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" And he shoved the two boys together, making them kiss.

When he let go of their heads, Sam looked at Dean. "What the hell!?"

"You guys weren't doing anything!"

"Do we always have to be?"

Dean thought for a moment and then answered. "Yes." He left them alone, and Gabriel smiled at Sam.

"I'm starting to like your brother."

"Ha ha. Only because we have to be constantly doing something?"

(//TW: loss of weight, not eating//)
"Yes. Anyway, when you were sick, what did you mean by 'You would never be better'?"

Sam looked away. "Nothing." He answered.

Gabriel kept trying to ask, and moved his hands to rest on Sam's sides. He felt his hard ribs under his fingers. "What the hell?" He lifted Sam's shirt up and gasped. He could almost see every one of his ribs and Sam's face looked pained. "Sam..."

He shook his head.

"How long has this been going on." Gabriel demanded.

"For a while."