13. Fighting

Gabriel and Sam fought. They wouldn't look at each other, and anything they would say would be turned into a fight. It started when Gabriel asked him why he hadn't been eating, and it just got worse. Sam saying that he didn't need to say, Gabriel saying he should take better care of himself. Eventually they just stopped talking, and Sam got worse. He never left his room, only for school. Didn't say much at school. Didn't eat. He became sad and didn't seem happy anymore.

Dean noticed immediately and was mad at Gabriel. He hurt his little brother, and he was going to kill him. This went on for a while, the "not talking." And it hurt Sam, it really did.

It also hurt Gabriel. He felt miserable because he had pushed Sam. But he couldn't apologize because he hurt Sam too bad, and Sam didn't seem to be doing well. He couldn't do much about it, except for watch him from far away. He still cared for him, but he couldn't say.

Sam was laying in his room after school, and Dean had walked up with a bowl of soup. "Sam... You have to eat."

Sam shook his head.

"I'm really sorry. But you shouldn't be doing this to yourself. Sam, you're going to die if you keep this up. And I couldn't live with myself if you did."

Sam continued to lay there, not moving. Dean sighed and left the bowl on his bedside table. He left the room and came back when it was night.

Sam still hadn't touched the bowl, but was kind of asleep when Dean walked in. He grabbed the bowl and left, letting him sleep.

Dean hated seeing his brother like this. And this had continued for at least a month and a half, after he finally decided to get Gabriel back for hurting his brother.

It was after school, and Dean found Gabriel walking in the hallway. He walked up, took him by the front of the shirt, and slammed him into the wall.

"What the hell!" Gabriel looked up to see Dean, and closed his eyes.

Dean punched him in the face. "Apologize!"

"I can't."

Another punch to the face made Gabriel whine slightly.

"I said to apologize!" Yelled Dean.

"Dean I can't! Don't you understand? I just can't. It would hurt him more to talk to him!"

Dean had to admit. He was right. But he still had to apologize, and get back together with Sam. They were meant to be, and because Sam was doing bad, they had gotten into a fight. Dean was determined to make Sam better, so he would feel better.

Dean punched him again, for good measure. He watched Gabriel slump to the ground and walked to find Sam. Sam was standing off at the front of the school. When he reached him, he began to walk home with Sam.

"Are you excited for school to end?" Asked Dean.

"Yes I am. I will finally be free."

"Don't I know it!" Dean said, and patted his brother on the back. "Just two weeks, that's it!"

Sam smiled. Which he hadn't done in a while.

When they got home, Sam and Dean sat and talked. Dean told jokes, which seemed to make Sam happier. So Dean continued.

Sam's smile looked wonderful. His toothy grin that lit up his face. It made Dean smile, too.

It became dinner time so Dean went to the kitchen while Sam read his book. Sam seemed to be improving.

Dean finished dinner and set the table, and called for Sam. Sam walked in and sat at the table. Dean sat across from him, and he actually began to eat. Just a little. Dean watched carefully while he ate, to make sure Sam had enough. He seemed to be improving a little.

When Sam finished Dean cleared the table and sat with Sam. They talked more until Sam became tired and he went up to bed.

Dean couldn't believe how much happier he already seemed. Maybe he could get better, maybe.