5. Snow Kisses

It had finally become Christmas break and had barely snowed. Sam didn't tell Dean about the tripping incident with Gabriel, and probably never will. But he loved it.

Sam was by the fire, curled up in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate. Dean was beside him, and they were telling jokes and stories. Sam let the hot mug warm his numb fingers as he laughed along with Dean. The doorbell rang and neither of the boys moved to get it.

"Go get the door, Sammy." Said Dean, motioning to the door.

"You get it, Dean!"

"You know what? Rock, paper, scissors." Says Dean, getting ready.

"Dean, really?" Sam rolls his eyes and gets ready.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

Dean throws rock, and Sam chose scissors. Sam sighed and stood up as Dean laughed.

Sam crossed the room to the door and opened it, only to find nothing.

"Sam who is it!" Dean shouts.

"Uh well, I don't see anyone!" Says Sam, about to shut the door. It was halfway shut before a snowball flew and bursts against it. Sam jumps and sees Gabriel, armed with another snowball. "Not cool!" He laughs as Gabriel throws one and it hits him in the chest. "So not cool!"

Sam could hear Dean laughing, so he grabbed his coat, hat, scarf, and gloves. He ran outside and dodged another snowball that was thrown at him. "Gabriel!"

"You children have fun now!" Shouts Dean from the door, as he shuts it.

Sam picked up a mound of snow and shaped it into a ball. Gabriel's voice seemed to come from nowhere.

"Come on Moose! Hit me if you can!~" He sung the last part as Sam got hit in the back. Sam spun around and found nothing there. Gabriel pops out from the bushes and Sam throws his snowball, hitting him square in the face.

Gabriel laughed and wiped the snow off his face. He threw one and missed, still some snow in his eyes. Sam laughed at his horrible aim.

"Oh you're so going to get it Samuel Winchester!" Said Gabriel, another snowball in his hand. How he made them so fast, Sam did not know.

He looked closer at the snowball and saw a jagged piece of ice sticking out of it.

"Gabriel. Gabriel don't!" Sam shouted.

"Pleading for mercy huh?" Gabriel seemed to not see the ice. He threw it, and Sam tried to dodge, but didn't move fast enough and the snowball hit his cheek. He felt the ice cut him, and his cheek felt warm and slick.

Gabriel's eyes got wide as he saw what Sam was shouting about. He ran over, slipping a bit into Sam's arms.

"Sam! Sam I'm so sorry!" He took off his scarf and pressed it against Sam's face.

"Gabriel, it's fine. It's not that bad. Really!" Sam tried to slightly push him away but Gabriel insisted on cleaning up the blood.

All the sudden, it started snowing. Sam watched Gabriel in front of him, his heart fluttering. His eyes were a bright golden brown in the white snow. Gabriel finally finished, since the blood slowed down to a stop. Sam still had his arms around him, and he wouldn't let go. Gabriel's hands rested against his chest.

Gabriel stood on his toes, really close to Sam's face. "Well now Sammy," he whispered. "Here we are again..."

Sam's heart began to beat hardly, and Gabriel must have felt it because he blushed slightly. He moved his hand to behind Sam's head, and brought him down. Sam tightened his arms around Gabriel as their lips met.

They didn't know how long they were like that, it must have only been a few minutes, because Gabriel stopped and looked at Sam. Gabriel smiled shyly as Sam looked down at him.

"We should get inside now," Sam whispered as more snow came down. "It's cold out here."

They both walked in and shook the snow out of their hair and clothes and sat by the fire, Gabriel's head resting on Sam's shoulder.