Chapter 19

T.O.P's smile froze. The muscles on his cheeks tensed.
Mai stared blankly at T.O.P.
T.O.P took a deep breath and went closer to Mai. Holding her hand gently.
"Who are you?" Mai asked again. But she did not struggle out of T.O.P's hand.
"I.. Am happy that you are awake. " T.O.P hesitated whether to confess his feelings or not.
"I am sorry, could you please tell me who am I?" Before T.O.P speak agin, Mai requested.
"Oh yeah sure. Sorry I was too happy that you are awake. And well shocked at the same time that your memory are gone." T.O.P said bitterly.
"You are Park Hyo Mi, both your parents died in a car accident when you were four, and erm.." T.O.P didn't continue, he wasn't sure whether to tell her about the sad part of her life.
"And?" Mai questioned.
'She should start her life anew.' T.O.P decided.
"Yea that's all. And you have to remember me. I am T.O.P. The person who likes you." T.O.P said firmly.
Making Mai's face flushed with redness.
She knew that there's was a special feeling about him and now she finally realizes the special feeling.
T.O.P smirked at how Mai's entire face turned as red as a tomato.
"There's one more.." Mai whispered.
"Sorry? What was that?"
"There's one more person in my life right? As important.. As you." Mai blushed.
'Is she referring to Yon..? No, it's best for her not to know it.'
"Ah! You meant GD don't you?" T.O.P pretended to think hard.
"I am sorry... I don't remember any names." Mai apologized.
T.O.P gave Mai an assurance pat on the shoulder signaling her not to worry.
"You wanna see him? I could call him over." T.O.P suggested.
"If it's convenient. Please do." Mai nodded in agreement.
T.O.P dialed GD's number.
"Can you come over to the hospital now? Are you free?"
"Huh? Hospital? What happened to you? I am coming over now!" GD's voice transit from sleepy to awaken.
While waiting for GD to come, T.O.P called the nurse to bring in some porridge for Mai to eat. Since she had been sleeping for days.
"Can you tell me more about myself?" Mai said while eating her porridge.
"Yes sure! Just eat and listen. You are really great and that's why I like you." T.O.P winked," ah! You have the best voice ever! You singing voice is like... Angel."
Making Mai blushing again.
' I feel like I know him but.. I can't find him anywhere in my memory. Yet.. He seems so special to be.' Mai glanced  over at T.O.P's handsome face. 'Do I like him?' Mai closes her eyes trying to remember the things that had happened before the accident. All she saw was a girl screaming at her saying I hate you. But she could not see her face, then the next scene was a flash of white light. And she felt a stinging pain in her head. Then she thought harder trying to ease away the pain but it only got worse and it feels like her head is exploding. She let out a scream drawing T.O.P's attention.
"You okay?" T.O.P 's worrying face appeared in front of Mai, when she opened her eyes in horror. T.O.P sensed the panic in Mai. He surrounded Mai with his arms, hugging Mai into his embrace.
"It's okay, everything is okay, I am here so don't worry okay?" T.O.P comforted.
"I... Was just.. Trying to ... Recall what had happened." Mai stuttered.
"Take your time. There's no need to rush. Because you have me. Okay?" T.O.P said as he hugged Mai tighter.
"Ring..ring..."
"What room?!?!!" GD screamed over the phone once T.O.P picked up.
"0818"
T.O.P and Mai parted after T.O.P picked up the phone.
The next moment, GD ran into the room patting badly. He ran straight to T.O.P examining whether there were any injuries on him.
"Aigoo! I am not injured! It's Mai who wants to see you." T.O.P said shoving GD's hands off him.
GD then realize that Mai is the one lying on the bed with all the tubes on her. Without hesitation, GD grabbed T.O.P's collar.
"AYYYYY!  I asked you to take care of her didn't I? Aigoo! I am taking her back! You can't even take good care of your own woman. So useless." GD shouted.
T.O.P stared at GD.
Mai thought that they are gonna get into a fight in front of her. But what came next was far beyond her imagination.
Suddenly, T.O.P started smiling. Shocking both Mai and GD. Then T.O.P raised his hands, out of self defense GD let go of T.O.P's collar and block in front of his face.
"Can you be more gentle next time?" T.O.P complained," My favorite part of this t-shirt is the collar."
GD rolled his eyes.
"Mai are you okay? Did he do this to you?"  GD went beside Mai and sat down.
"I am sorry.. I can't remember who you are." Mai said apologetically.
GD stared at her open mouthed. Then he pointed at T.O.P who was fixing his collar that GD grabbed out of shape. "Do you know him?"
Mai nodded," He is T.O.P. "
"You know him and you don't know me? I am your boyfriend and you don't know me? Why!" GD shows the going to cry face. Making Mai giggled. Seeing Mai smiling, T.O.P went up to GD and hugged him. Comforting him," it's okay darling you still have me, don't worry. I love you just as much as you love me."
GD "sobbed" " I only.. Have you... "
Mai bursted out of laughter. Seeing the two of them.
"Thanks bro, first time seeing her smile so widely." T.O.P whispered to GD who is in his embrace.
"You.. Are ..welcome." GD whispered back," but can you let go of me?... I can't breathe."