Chapter 36: In a world where life may not be fair

Picard large amounts of power from Q. It was far more . . . Greater . . . Than Sam's dose of power. Was it become of the closeness they had? How Q widely invaded Picard's privacy  (except for the bathroom, Q never ventured to appear there for some reason) when most crew members were not around.  Picard felt as though he was anywhere and everywhere.That is until they came to a stop.

Q came to his knees taking in deep breaths and exhaling visibly sweating.

"Q?" Picard asked. "What is the matter."

"That required a lot of my Q energy, " Q said.  "I. . ." Picard held out a helping hand to which Q took it and he shakingly stood up. "Nearly got pulled in."

Picard let go.

"I didn't feel anything." Picard said.

"I shielded you from the effects of it,"  Q said, rubbing his right shoulder with a wince. He had a tear in the fabric of his uniform set at the shoulder where he is visibly bleeding. "We were stuck there for an hour. .  .I only got out because of your infectious courage!" He walked over to a big box that had unusual carvings outlined in blue. "Oh hello, they made you a lot bigger old friend."

Picard walked over seeing there a light in the center coming  a fine line.

"This is . . . remarkable."

"I used to be in a smaller version."

"I am not surprised."

"And there were other entities."

"What were you?"

"I was the last to get out."

"I find it hard to imagine you being hope."

"And now here I am, thousands and thousands of years later . . ."

Q put his hand on the wall.

"Watch this, Picard." Q said.

The doors opened revealing one seat.

"I can't just stand aside and watch you do it."

"Picard . . . You never were supposed to let me go easily."

Q appeared behind Picard then delivered the Vulcan Nerve pinch. Q dragged Picard to a nearby chair. He took one good and hard look at the man. He looked over his shoulder to the machine then had a scared gulp. He was scared about it not working. Q turned his head toward Picard then made a item materialize into his hands. He put it on Picard's lap.

"I forgot to mention . . ."  Q said. "It only opens to the finger print of those who pilot it."

Q stood up then turned in the direction of the Pandorica.

Our view remains fixed on Picard as the blue light on his face then begins to vanish. The doors to the Pandorica have closed. The large box shook from side to side where smoke drifted from the bottom of it. Picard's eyes opened to the unfathomable sight. He looked down toward the padd that read 'Allonsy! on the screen in french. Picard's eyes went up to the Pandorica. The Pandorica flew out of the museum right into the dark sky in the direction of the bright light.

"Q!" Picard shouted.