Chapter 3: Bunny in the vent

...2371...

...June 21st...

I strolled right out the holodeck after having a thirty minute session riding a bicycle in a setting planted inside Oak Groove. The stack of houses were clear in my memory, the golden numbers set on the dark blue doors, the same exact house design within each and every single one, and the drive way that lead into into the rental place. I walk right past a couple of adults striding right by happily. I heard something go clang against metal pretty close. I came to a gentle stop then look up listening even more closely for it.

It went again.

It came from the vent.

I stare the vent hearing this sound, again.

Maybe it is one of those alien hand grabbers.

Well, if it were then this ship would be crowded in deadly aliens and covered from head to toe in Alien eggs and Alien gooey stuff. I shudder then shake my head trying to get that image out of my head. Of course it is none of those species; this is Star Trek I am talking about here, and it would be so contrary to the nature of the show to feature those Xenomorphs!

I made my way down back to my spare quarters.

I came to see the Bridge crew headed my way in costumes. I zipped into a doorless room then watch the crew walk by. Worf seemed to be stoic, as usual, walking right by. I can tell there is a mischievous glint in Riker's eyes and Data the innocent Android. Doctor Crusher followed as well. I slipped out of the room then head on my merrily way.

I eventually get into my spare quarters.

Clang,clang, clang went the sound in the vent.

Now, that really earned my attention.

"Replicator, replicate a screwdriver," I said.

"Screwdriver replicated," The replicator said.

"Thank you," I said, picking up the replicator.

I use the furniture to climb up near the vent with the electronic screwdriver. I unscrewed the vent, neatly placed the screws on the table along with the long bar. I crawl into the vent then embark on my search. The distinctive clang,clang,clang echoed through the vent. I crawl in the vent following after the source of the 'clang' sound.

"Once a skyyyy so blueuuee," I sang. "There was one a fairy with the fairest of all hair, her wings glided through the clouds," I can hear my voice echo through. "Na nah nah nah," I nod my head listening intently for the 'clang'. "Cause there it goes. Down the street. Is they every coming back? Who is the--eeyy--ey!"

I raise my singing voice.

"Ooh uh oh," I sang, similar to a country singer. "Cause they leap over a boulder like a magnificent horse," I bobble my head back and forth. "In the sky soo bluuee!" I mess with my singing voice. "Cause there is no such thing as the things that go bump in the night. Well there is such thing as witches, werewolves, and vampir--"

Clan, clang, clang.

I stop.

There is a white puff of fur with long ears and a rounded cute tail that is furry.

"Es..." I finish.

The bunny raised its head up toward me.

"Holy---" I start, seeing this bunny had eight eyes. "...Scrapalloy." I tilt my head and I began to cooe at the little furball. "You are soo cute!"

I reached my hand out toward the bunny.

The bunny hissed exposing fangs.

"AH!" I panic, turning around.

I crawled pretty fast out of the vent being hopped after by a strange kind of bunny. I made more noise than the bunny itself! I crawl, crawl, and crawl relatively fast. I may be a fast runner, but crawling? I can do it! I landed on the couch, rolled to the floor, then get up and sped to the replicator.

"Replicator; bunny cage!" I ordered, once stopping at the replicator. "Now! With a carrot inside, too!"

"Replicating in progress," The replicator replied.

"Hurry!" I order.

The big furball lands on the couch with both ears up in the air.

"Replication completed," The replicator said.

I yank out the cage then drop it.

The bunny zipped into the cage so I closed the gate and sighed landing on my knees. I looked down upon the little furball watching it munch on the freaking huge carrot. I slip my fingers through the bars then gently stroke the bunny's furry side. The bunny has lots of fur all over feeling light, like really, really light.

"Computer," I said. "Identify what kind of rabbit is in this cage."

"That is a Klingon Rabbit," The computer said.

I rub my chin.

"Klingon..." I said. "What is a Klingon?"

"Klingon's are humanoids with ridges on their foreheads, redundant structures inside the spine, have patterns of their backside on their feet,and originate from Kronos," The computer replied. "They are vicious and honorable humanoids."

"Give me an example," I said.

"Worf is a Klingon," The computer said.

"What is that shoulder thing he wore?" I asked.

"A baldric," The computer said.

"Cool," I said.

"A Klingon baldric usually has the symbol of a Klingon's house and often used to hold knives or daggers," The computer explains. "Some refer to it as a sash and is taken off on few occasions. They tend to have long hair that can be braided or cut. They usually start their mating rituals by each others sniffing arm/hand then gripped each others hand to cause bleeding --"

"Computer, enough!" I said.

"Klingons traditionally mate for life," The computer droned one. "And it was not uncommon for them to take commitment oaths after one encounter."

"...Damn it," I said. "ENOUGH!"

"I was simply giving you answers about Klingon," The computer replied. "And they mate much like humans do."

"I didn't ask, computer," I said, rather annoyed.

"Oh and it is considered a blessing to have a clavicle fractured during the wedding," The computer added.

I sighed,annoyed, glancing up toward the ceiling for a couple minutes then lowered my head down.

"Computer, stop talking about Klingon mating rituals!" I screech. I paused. "Waaait...Do Klingon's enjoy pets?"

"Yes," The computer replied.

"Gimmie a map to Worf's quarters," I said, mischievously rubbing my hands together.