Chapter 23: The blonde man

..2366..

...Earth...

Who knew by saving some-one's life can end your career? It happened last year. I had to save their life not let them on the biobed, It was a Nurses obligation to make sure their patient didn't die. It took me one year to be kicked out of the medical corps. Now this person is back doing what the Federation did not like. I let a traitor loose. Who was this traitor?

Clair Barb.

Barb plead me not to save her life.

But I couldn't.

It felt so immoral and wrong to let someone die before my eyes. Long had I grown used to seeing people die on TV, stories, and some Transformers fan comics. I even wrote stories where people died and just seeing it happen for real was unacceptable. I gave birth to Kevin La Forge last year. Geordi visits occassionally when the Enterprise comes along for some unscheduled visits regarding some 'engine failure' that could only be repaired on Earth as there were some supplies that can only fix the problem.

I like to think it was all Geordi.

Geordi sabotaging the Enterprise.

I had to tell Geordi last month to stop it.

He couldn't fool me and he knew that.

I picked up little Kevin into my arms as he chewed on his toy.

"Mama..." Kevin said.

Two years old and he has curly dark hair. He's so chubby and eyes that are so adorable. He has webbed toes like my father, smaller hands just like his dad, ridges on his forehead, and the unusual shaped shoulder that is bumpy. He didn't have the 'V' shaped forehead. I guess the 'V' shaped forehead is a recessive trait when pinned together with human DNA sequence and chromosones. I came over to Kevin's playroom. I put Kevin down on the rug.

"MAMA!" Kevin cried, holding his hands out to me.

Oh my primus.

Kevin is a mama's boy.

I picked up Kevin.

"Kevin," I said, as he dug his face into my shirt with tears down his cheek. "Mama is not going to be holding you all the time."

"Me want mama to stay forever," Kevin said.

I raised a brow.

"What do you think is gonna happen if I leave you?" I asked.

"Mama dies," Kevin said.

"Oh Kevin," I said. "I am never going to die." It was a little lie. "You have been experiencing nightmares." I put Kevin on the couch. "Look little boy. There is something we have to get across. You'll gonna have to start walking and Mama will have to start walking away to do important stuff!"

"Aww," Kevin whines.

"And start by getting of the couch!" I said. "Mama's boy has to start learning. You've been crawling for two years and don't pretend you can't walk on me!"

"If he were paralyzed, it would be a legitimate statement," Came a man's voice.

I turned around to see a man sitting in a chair holding a newspaper that is very dated and pretty much from the past. The man lowered the newspaper. My jaw dropped seeing a strong resemblance to Shawn's Dad in Psych except he had blonde hair. HAIR! His dad also was in JAG, too, at least one of the episodes I have seen him in.

"I must be insane," I said, shaking my head.

"Sadly, you are not, and I am Q," Q2 said.

I looked up.

"So not!" I shouted.

"I am a Q," Q2 said. "And it was really unexpected that time go into limbo because of little old you."

"What?..." I said, lost.

"Time is passing but it is not," Q2 said. "You may think it is when really it is not."

"You are not my uncle," Kevin said.

"Oh and before I forget, Q has been making a couple visits," Q2 said. He took a drink of wine then put it down on the table. "While you were away of course. Kevin knows how to walk because he irritated Q how he relied on his knee's to crawl. I told the man not to intervene but he had to!" Q2 shook his head. "Apparently the lesson got through the kids skull."

I felt rage.

How dare he do that.

That should have been my mission!

"Why are you out of the medic corps anyway?" Q2 asked.

"Clair Barb," I said. "I let a traitor live."

"There is no one in the known universe named Clair Barb," Q2 said.

I stared at Q2.

"You...You gotta be kidding me," I said.

"I am not," Q2 said.

I recalled The second Big Bang story arch from Doctor Who where people vanished and only the companions (Including the Doctor) were able to remember. Q2 stood up making the newspaper vanish in his hands noticing that look on my face. That look on his face turned into concern.

"Is there something that is happening which the Q is not aware of?"

"Yes," I said. "And I don't think the Q can stop it."

Q2 frowned.

"We know when the end should come and like to be aware of it before it comes," Q2 said. "I will not believe there is something going on that we are not aware of but it might be affecting everyone's time stream including...My brothers. His timestream is connected to yours and so is most of the people on the Enterprise...Well, more like the bridge. I don't know why but you are. And since you are not there for his 'most-human' experience; time is not passing."

"And what are you gonna do about that?" I asked.

"Transfer you to the Enterprise," Q2 said. "With your son and all the belongings. Time is constantly fixing itself."