Chapter 28: A chance at humanity

..4:39 PM..

..Enterprise..

A mother's feeling is stronger than blood, well at least in my view. One of the attacks struck the DayCare center. Most of the children were crying and otherwise unharmed. . . But there was no signs of Kevin. I understand now how Kevin Baxter's mom felt when she first found out that she left her son home alone. I had a feeling that Kevin was somewhere aboard the ship.

The saucer section separated thirty minutes ago.

Oh and yes Q is aboard. How do I know that? He is recovering from a side arm burn in Battle Sick Bay. Doctor Beverly and a few other nurses are sticking around. I was the one who administered the side arm burn that had left a hole in his civilian attire. Q , as it turned out, did not like holes in his clothes and didn't like being tended to by medical related people such as me.

"I am quite fine, no thank you."

"What do I call you then?" I asked. "You refuse to be called your name."

"Me and Q are two different people." Q said.

"Nooo, you are the same person." I said.

"Call me Lance." Q said. I folded my arms not entirely sure that Q has really changed into someone else. "You are worried about someone."

For all I knew Kevin is in a ice cream machine licking the icecream or in the holodeck section that has safety protocols on. I could have laughed then thinking he might have a 'baby's day out' kind of adventure. It was all tool hopeful. But laughing right now would seem odd to everyone; that is what I have learned in my two years in the universe. I can control myself a little bit better. My little boy is climbing the walls using whatever is around. He is probably in the saucer section wondering about.

I glared back at Q.

"Am not." I lied.

"Uh huh," Q said. "You are. I can tell because you hesitated!"

I frowned.

"It is none of your concern." I said.

"How come I get the feeling it is?" Q asked.

"Because you put your foot into people's business even when you are not wanted at the time." I said.

Q laughed.

"Not wanted?" Q said, with a snort. "I am a wanted man right now."

I rolled my eyes.

"Lance, just go." I said.

Q had a stubborn look about his face.

"Not unless I hear who you're worried about."

"No."

"Is it me?"

"Hell no!"

"I will find out."

"Not in this lifetime."

"Lover? Friend? Bestie? Sibling? Sister? Brother?"

Q sat upright on the biobed raising a brow.

"You are cold." I said.

"Child?" Q asked.

I sighed, shaking my head.

"Lance, just go." I said.

Q blinked.

"It is a boy, isn't it?" Q asked.

"Enough with your questions." I said.

"And his name was Kevin." Q said.

"Bell!" Nurse Kelly Windrinks shouted. "I need some help over here."