Chapter 24: Too human

..2366...

...Enterprise...9:37 AM..

It was like nothing ever happened. At all. Bay seemed to be caught off guard with my random appearance in the living room and he almost fainted at the sight of Kevin in my arms. He hadn't a roommate in what seemed to be forever as he had grown a beard. His hand had been completely restored at the Lore incident including his foot. There was another room randomly made for Kevin.

"What the hell?" Bay said. "You just appeared! Weren't you at Sick Bay?"

"Mama, who's he?" Kevin asked.

"Your other Uncle," I said.

"...And Kevin is supposed to be in Daycare," Bay said.

I put Kevin into Bay's arms.

"How about you do that," I said.

"Beverly to Bell," Came a voice off the com badge.

I tapped on the combadge.

"Yes?" I said.

"Get back to sick bay," Beverly said. "Your patient is acting irratic. I didn't say you could leave."

I smiled.

"On my way," I said. "Bell out."

I left our quarters. Walking down the hall I felt more at home than I did for the past two years on Earth. It felt like another home kind of like Hogwarts was for Harry Potter and the other wizard students who attended. I had a smile on my face looking around observing the all so homely designs. The Enterprise is a galaxy model.

I didn't stop when I saw a all too familiar man coming down being followed by two security officers.

"Do I know you?" Q asked. "Because I have a feeling I do!" He turned his head toward my direction and had the most oddest look on his face when I approached him quickening my rather unreasonable pace. His eyes widened and he tried to stop himself from going any further. "A Romulan--"

I slapped Q at the face.

Q fell to the floor putting his hand on one side of his face that had three scars.

"Ow," Q said, glaring right through me. "What was that for?"

"Teaching my child to walk, Q!" I shouted. "THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE to witness!"

"Q,Q,Q!" Q repeated, with a frown. "I don't know who this Q is BUT STOP CALLING ME THAT!" He stood up as the side of his right hand was getting covered in blood. "Does your name happen to start with a 'C'?"

"Asshole," I said, not in a good mood.

"Sorry, Ensign Bell," Came a younger man. "We're sending him to the brig. Can you please get out of our way?"

I step aside letting them through.

"...Bell," Q repeated, narrowing his eyes toward me.

"And no tripping Q," The young man said.

"I won't," I said, then went right past them headed to Sick Bay.

One,Q is human. Two, Q is not immortal nor has skin of steel. Three, Q is not all knowing. Four, Q acts like he does not know me. Is it affecting him too? Could this mean that I vanish into the crack in the wall later in history? But it does not explain away why I was able to meet a older Kevin in the future. It made sense how Kevin reacted to seeing Q on his fateful last day. Q appears a lot in Kevin's life. I guess he was the--...Shit. I just realized why all the babysitters claimed my house was haunted. I do not understand why Q would put himself to be Kevin's personal babysitter. It does make a lot of sense, really.

Now I am starting to get scared about how Q reacted to seeing me. Could Kevin be next? Well, technically he would be wiped from existence if the crack in the wall were to get me. I met a fully grown Kevin! That should mean everything is fine in the future. But it is not reassuring knowing time can fix itself. I had my eye out for the large creepy crack in the wall. It is scary actually to be encountering what should be fictional. Guess who my patient turned out to be? Adam Bailson, my very own personal stalker. I should be comforted in the fact that he too notices the change in time. But I am not, really, not at all.

"I was going over--going over the logs and then..." Bailson said. "I wa...I was somewhere else! Hannah was gone, and I checked her file. She didn't exist!" He grabbed my by the shoulder acting scared. "Do you know what is going on?"

"The universe is exploding," I said.

"Not helping," Bailson said.

Oh, the perks to being a fangirl.

"Look Adam," I said. "I am very much in the dark as you are...And Clair is gone."

Bailson let go of my shoulder.

"I am next," Bailson said, trembling.

"No, don't say that," I said.

"It is the truth, Carly," Bailson said. "The people who notice things in B-Movies get killed off and you might as well be the protagonist."

"Hey, you might the main antagonist who doesn't die up until the end of the movie!" I said.

"You are right..." Bailson said. "Bad guys don't die up until the end of the movie."

I sighed.

"Now don't see it as you are being the bad guy," I said.

"How can I not?" Bailson asked, putting his head down on the biobed.

"You are fine, just go back to your quarters and get some rest," I advised him. "Being paranoid is not blissful."

Behind Bailson's head I saw the crack in the wall extend and become bigger before my eyes.  The same crack for Amelia Pond's room. Everyone avoided it except for me. I froze in place feeling time go slow before me. I looked down toward Bailson experiencing the gut wrenching feeling to step back out of the crack. Bailson cleared his throat visibly frightened.

"It is behind me, ain't it?" Bailson asked.

"It is." I said.

"Remember me." Bailson said.

I saw the white like branches engulf around Bailson until it began dragging him into the crack. I couldn't force myself to do anything to stop. Guess that was self preservation. I couldn't do anything in the first place. If I were: I would cease to exist. I was paralyzed in a sense. My vocal cords could still move on the other hand. There is only one word I was able to say watching him be taken into the white extending crack in the wall.

"Adam!" I shouted.

Bailson vanished as did the crack in the wall.

"Ensign Bell?" Beverly asked. "What is wrong?"

I had little tears coming down my cheeks.

"Ensign Bailson," I said. "He is gone."

"Who?" Beverly asked.

"My patient," I said. "His name was Adam Bailson."

Beverly frowned.

"There is no one on this ship named Adam Bailson," Beverly said. "You were attending to  Ensign Catheris."

I smiled, forcing back the tears. 

"You know what?" I said. "Never mind."

I saw a Ensign come in with a sprained ankle being helped by other than Data.

I am so not asking how that happened.