Chapter 4: The smallest letter speaks volumes

...2371...

...June 21st...Two hours later..

I stood at the door to the Captain's ready room. Did they learn I had been the person to leave the bunny in Mr Worf's room? I sighed, mentally telling myself that being responsible is what school has been encouraging for the past few years besides learning education. I step forward keeping myself together. Don't you break, I thought, not in front of Picard! True I am scared of facing the wrath of a Captain for being irresponsible but I have no idea how this will go.

I take little steps to the seat.

Picard is not looking in my direction, surprisingly, so I looked over to see his glare is fixated on the couch.

I turned around toward Picard.

"You called?" I asked.

Picard nodded.

"I want to discuss your time here with the man who brought you," Picard said.

I raised my eyebrows.

"A man brought me here?" I said. "Excuse me; but a man can't do that. He can only do that if he is got some godly powers."

"Q,show yourself," Picard said, leaning back into his chair.

"Oh Jean Luc," Came the strange man's voice. "You are such a debbie downer."

I turned back to the direction of the couch to see the strange man sitting on it; in  a relaxing pose holding a rubber ball in his hand with his feet on the arm rest. He tossed the ball up and down aimed at the wall across. Oooh, I thought realizing what he meant by 'the smallest letter can mean volumes' earlier.

"Q?" I said, puzzled. "Seriously? That's your name?"

"Uh huh," Q said.

"Send this child back to where she belong," Picard said. "Now, Q."

"Tsk,tsk,tsk," Q said. "I can't do that right now. I am attending a meeting with the continuum in a couple minutes."

This is hard to believe he is really in the show, I thought, he's so...human.

"That I am," Q said. "This is just my assumed form."

"Assumed form?" I repeated.

"Yes, assumed form," Q said. "In fact, I am omnipotent. I am godly and my real form is very powerful."

"If you are so omnipotent, why not send this child back?" Picard asked.

Q reappeared standing in front of the Captain's desk then put down the ball on the table.

"Because I am very, very, very limited," Q said. "After the Continuum learned what I did...That's what the meeting is about. Me bringing someone so 'unimportant' into this century." He backs off. "The last time I took this person--being older, may I note--to this universe it backfired; greatly." Q glanced down upon me. "So I decided why not try again at a age where it would be successful?"

"Successful for what?" Picard asked.

"An adventure, you know," Q said.

"This is a child, Q," Picard said. "She must be returned to her family."

Q rolled an eye.

"Oh really?" Q said. "I wouldn't want to until this girl has a blast." Q looked over to me. "You know how it is back in your universe...." He looked back over to Picard. "Jean Luc, I have already done you a favor by having your brother's family be spared from a fire and I cannot do anything further until this issue the Q continuum has with me is resolved," My eyes stuck to the ball. "That is a ball I made earlier. For now I can just...transport only me."

"What you have just done is abduction, Q," Picard said. "And that is very immoral!"

I blink, feeling scared.

"Oh Jean Luc, you are scaring the child," Q said.

I can feel a powerful presence staring right me. I stared at Q suddenly feeling so intimidated, scared, and beyond my wits to say another word. It all came together that this man is in fact a god; or, a equivalent to a god. The guy who can do anything he wants! I couldn't force myself to say a word.

"No, that is your doing," Picard said.

"You know, you just ruined the whole experience," Q said. "Perhaps for what happens today will change all of that fear."

"What happens today?" Picard asked.

Q smiles.

"Something great, Jean Luc," Q said, then he took out a watch. "Oh my," He looked back toward Picard. "I have to go, I am late, I am late!" He turned himself into a gray rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. "I am so late!"

Q hopped into a random hole.

I blink.

The hole vanished before my eyes.

"It seems you interest Q enough to be here," Picard said. "You will be taken to Earth, is that understood?"

I nodded.

"Gladly," I said. I get up. "May I leave, sir?"

"Yes," Picard said.

I gleefully turn around then head to the door.

"But do you have any idea why there was a bunny in Mr Worf's quarters?" Picard asked.

"No, sirrey!" I said, lying so easily I went out the door.