Chapter 13: Could you bare to lose something?

...Four days later...After Alpha Shift...

...Enterprise...

"So whatever happened on THAT ship is happening to the Enterprise?" I asked.

Bay nodded.

"Yeah," Bay said. "Apparently it is transferred by touch."

I shudder at the thought.

"Intoxicated by something probably pleasure announcing," I said. "I'll hate to be out of control..."

All 80 crew members of the Tsiolkovsky had died due to the emergency air lock being opened under the strangest of all circumstances.

"Well, if anyone is sweating; don't touch them," Bay said. "Touch nobody today."

I laughed.

"I never touch a person!" I declared, arrogantly.

"I can name a whole bunch of ways to accidentally touch someone; would you like me to list them?" Bay asked.

"No," I said.

Bay smiled.

"Don't tempt fate," Bay said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you get instant karma," Bay said.

"Damn me and my mouth," I grumbled.

"And for that reason we are not attending the metaphysics lecture," Bay adds. "I really don't want to be infected!"

"Doctor Beverly to Ensign Bell," Doctor Beverly said. "You are needed at Sick Bay."

"Coming," I said.

"Beverly out," Doctor Beverly said.

"Don't get infected," Bay said, warningly.

"I can try," I said.

I get up from the chair then leave our quarters. Data stood at one of the doors to a quarters as though considering something rather important. I decided not to bother him on his train of thought. I walk right past Data. I thought back at seeing Lieutenant Yar enter the room the times I had gone past it. It became apparent to me that Data is visiting Yar. Perhaps it might relate to what has happened.

I step into the turbo lift then turn around facing the door.

"Deck 12," I said.

I waited five minutes.

Could this intoxication enter me?

Nah, that probably might not happen. The doors opened and in came La Forge on a rush! Before I knew it, I was on the floor slumped against the wall frowning back at the blind man who had a lopsided smile on his face that was both apologetic and silly. La Forge staggers back up.

"Sorry, Carly,"

I notice La Forge is sweating.

"You should go to sickbay!" I said.

"No,no,no," La Forge said. "I am fine."

"You just called me by my first name," I said. "I don't care if I get infected; you are so going back!"

I grab La Forge by the ear.

"Ow,ow,ow," La Forge whined as I take him down the corridor.

I rolled an eye.

"Big baby," I said.

Ensign Clair Barb came down the hall and stopped. The look on her face was that of concern.