Chapter 19: It is all right

...In private...

..Aboard the Enterprise..

"How come you didn't tell me you knew Q before you set foot on this ship?" Geordi asked.

"Because it is complicated," I said.

"How complicated is it to tell me you know Q?" Geordi asked.

"We met a long time ago," I said.

Actually that is the truth as Carly met Q when she was a little girl who got lost on a forested planet.

"You nearly died," Geordi said. "What happened to you in that encounter?"

I sighed.

"The truth is..." I said. "You can't tell anyone."

"I can do that," Geordi said.

"Eight years from now, a girl will be beamed aboard the Enterprise in a rocking chair," I explain. "She will be transferred to the USS Pearl. After the Enterprise leaves there will be a random infestation of alien ugly beings called Xenomorphs. She tries to warn but no one believes her except for some other personnel. She will get infected. She will blow up the nest. Her mind will be transferred to this body."

"How old are you?" Geordi asked.

I took Geordi's hand.

"I don't want to tell right now," I said. "Carly Bel, technically, still lives."

"Woah,woah,woah," Geordi said, letting go of my hand. "Carly is dead?"

I sighed.

"I honestly don't know," I said. "Cippallon's can only live for so long."

"You are a walking corpse," Geordi said.

"Not at all," I said. "I am not decomposing."

"That is the same thing," Geordi said. "I need time to think about this."

Geordi left me in the room. I looked down toward the floor. Perhaps sending me into the past wasn't much as a great idea or telling Geordi the truth. It felt like any future I would share with Geordi had fallen to shambles. I don't really have that kind of skill to handle scenarios like these. I wish I had told Geordi a lie, I thought.

Suddenly, and strangely,time went backwards.

I was back with Geordi in the room.

This time Geordi has one hand against the surface wall material to the window.

"How long have you known Q?" Geordi asked.

"It is complicated," I said.

"How complicated can it be?" Geordi asked, turning away from the window.

"Very," I said.

"You nearly died,Carly!" Geordi said.

"I know," I said.

"Tell me the truth," Geordi said.

A faint memory from Carly's past resurfaced.

"It is going to be unbelievable," I said. "I am just remembering it, Geordi, the first time I ever met with Q."

"What happened in that encounter?" Geordi asked.

"When I was a little girl..." I started to explain. "I had a incy bincy problem..."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

..2346...