A saved goodbye.

Stefan's POV
"Oh shit. Auntie Jules, we're late." I hear Kate say. Last night was really fun but Damon didn't come home for some messed up reason. He missed all the fun. I'm sure he'll make up for it by taking Kate out.

"Do you think both of them passed out on the street."Julianne giggled.

"Both?" I intruded

"Yeah. Uh... uncle Derek and auntie Lena." Kate says as she tries to braid her hair.

"Sweetie. Your older than me and still don't know how to braid. Come here. I'll do it." I laughed as she walked over to me and sat in front of me.

"Dad, are you sure you know how to braid?" She asks me with uncertainty.

"Of course. I use to braid Elena's hair during class. Ask Ju." I say. I really regret marrying Melissa. If I wasn't so stupid back then, I would be with both my girls right now. I quickly french, side braided her hair.

"Thanks dad." She quealed.

"Come on Kate. We gotta go. Elena and Derek are gonna kill us if we're late." Julianne says as Kate nods.

"Can I drop you guys off?" I ask them.

"Hey! If your going. I am too." Melissa tells me.

"Yeah sure. Why not." Kate says.

"I'll put everything in your car." Julianne tell me. I grab my jacket and head out the door. Kate sits next to me as Jules sits at the back. I drive like a jet all the way to Elena.

Kate's POV
I walked into the house and saw uncle Damon, uncle Derek and auntie Lena passed out on the couch.

"Damon. You idiot. Why the hell are you here with her? YOUR MARRIED. REMEMBER." Melissa yelled.

"Oh, what do you care." Dad whisper.

"Good. All of us are together. I need to tell you guys something." Auntie Lena tells us.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"Well since Derek and Julianne are going back to New York tomorrow, I decided that I would tag along." She announces.

"What?!?" Dad yells.

"That's great!" Melissa squeals.

"Oh..." I say because I know exactly what she's going to say next.

"Kate... you know where this is going right?" She asks me.

"No. You can't make me choose." I state.

"Choose what?" Dad asks.

"Auntie Lena's making me choose. Either stay here with you and your wife or else leave with her and uncle Derek." I tell him. I look over to auntie Lena as she spins around and digs her face in her hands.

"Did I say anything wrong?" I ask her as nods her head side to side.

"Elena, can I talk to you please." Dad asks her as they walk upstairs together.

Elena's POV
"What do you want Stefan?" I ask him.

"Why are you moving?" He asks.

"To get away from you, obviously." I say.

"Does Jenna or Alaric know about this?"

"Do they care?"

"Fine. Go then."

"REALLY?!?!" I say

"What do you want me to say?" He asks me. I thought he loved me. I stormed out of the room but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back. The cold chill off his wedding ring, of course.

"I haven't finished talking yet." He states.

"Fine. Talk." I say. I watch him pull a letter from his pocket.

"Read it." He tells me. I grab the letter from his hand and start reading it.

Dear Mr Salvatore:

It is with great pleasure that I accept your offer to join The New York Real Estate as a manager under Alexia Branson. The goals you outlined for the position are well-matched to my abilities, and I consider it a privilege to join your team.

Sincerely,
Kol Mikaelson

"Wait... So your going too?" I ask.

"Yeah. I just want to ask you one thing. Why are you going with Derek?" He asks.

"Because I needed someone to get my mind off you and he did. He was there when I needed you." I say.

"Your ring." He says.

"What?"

"Your still wearing the promise ring I gave you."

"I'm.. uh.. I'm gonna go pack. You can tell the rest." I say as I run to my room. He's coming as well. With his bitchy wife, I think to myself.

A/N: So hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!! So the story will soon be set in New York. How exciting!!! Lol. So, where did Liam go? Any guesses? Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for quotes from the book and updates at wizzzyme109. Till next time... BYEE!!!

~Mel