She gave her approval and I set to work on my hair, neatening it up from the wavy mess created by the shower whilst we chatted. She was easy to talk to, and it made sure that I couldn't think too much and end up worrying.

Once I was done with my hair and a little bit of concealer, Candace gave me the once over. After I had been declared perfect, she air-kissed my cheeks and left. I hoped the people at the party would be as nice as she was.

Careful not to wrinkle my clothes, I sat on the sofa with my phone to waste the remaining time untill Scott arrived to pick me up.

-

Eventually there was a knock on the door. I jumped up to get it, knowing that this time it had to be Scott. I flung the door open, and then paused for a second to take it all in.

Scott stood outside my door, with his hair looking even more perfect than normal, if that was possible. He had a white shirt on with black jeans. The simple outfit oozed elegance, but he seemed so comfortable that it looked almost casual.

"At least try not to drool, Mitch," Scott rolled his eyes, rudely interrupting my observations. I guessed I had all evening for that.

I hit him on the arm playfully, very aware of the muscles barely concealed under the shirt.

I locked up, and we made our way to his car. I'd always assumed that celebrities were driven everywhere but it seemed like Scott was quite independent.

We chatted during the car journey, but I was quieter than usual. The nerves were building up. I knew it was ridiculous really, but I couldn't help it.

Eventually we pulled up outside a large modern building. The side that we were facing consisted mainly of glass panels looking out onto a big garden. People milled around outside, and I could see the crowd inside too.

"Wow," I breathed out. "This is some house party."

"Thats just what I assume it's closest to, I wasnt sure."

"Are you saying you've never been to a normal house party?" I asked.

"I don't think so,"

"I'm going to have to show you my definition of a normal party sometime then."

"How about for now we actually go into this party? You need to meet Todrick, it's his house, and I'm sure everyone else would love to meet you too!"

Smiling, I let out a quiet breath, trying to steady myself.

"Ok, lets go," I gave Scott a smile, trying to give off half as much confidence as he always seemed to.

We got out and slammed the doors shut. I walked carefully through the perfectly manicured garden towards the door, following slightly behind Scott .

When he opened the door, the roar of people's conversations hit me. We stepped inside, and I looked around properly.

The decor was minimalist, but the room was cluttered with people. Groups took up the manority of the space, with individuals milling between them.

Kirstie was one of the first people I spotted that I actually recognised. She had her hair elegantly arranged on her head, twisting carefully around a few diamanté hair pins. Her makeup was simple, and she wore a black slim fitted dress with cutouts at the waist.

As soon as she saw us, she hurried over as fast as she could in her stilettos.

"Mitch, you look amazing!" She hugged me briefly before turning to Scott. "You look decent as ever, I guess," She commented with a laugh.

Scott laughed too, giving her shoulder a light shove.

Scott wandered off, bringing me with him, to catch up with everyone. Though the room was filled aith stangers to me, for him it was full of familiar faces.

Scott stopped at a table filled with drinks and quickly downed a couple of shots. I took a shot too to be friendly, but I'd never been one to drink much.

We ended up making many stops as Scott introduced me to many of his friends and people he'd worked with. Most of these introductions were followed by Scott having 'a quick drink' with the people I'd just learned the names of, so within a couple of hours he was starting to get a little tipsy. I remained sober, as I felt like someone needed to be responsible around here.

We found Kirstie again, on her own and wandering through the crowds.

"Have you seen Toddy?" Scott asked.

Kirstie pointed further into the crowd, and Scott began to walk in the direction signalled, so I followed.

Eventually we found a man who was dressed in a flamboyant shirt with shaved blue hair and surrounded by a circle of people who were listening carefully to every word he said.

"... And then it turned out he was straight anyway!" He declared, causing several of the group to burst out laughing. As the man looked around at the circle, he spotted Scott, and excused himself before he made his way over.

"Hello there Scotty, nice to see you!" He then registered my presence, "And who is this?"

"I'm Mitch Grassi," I smiled at the man.

"Ooh, the infamous! I'm Todrick Hall, I do musical theatre. I've known Scott since he was a tiny little thing."

We shook hands.

"So, are you two boyfriends?" Todrick asked Scott with a smile at me.

"No." Scott responded quickly, but he was standing very close to my side, so between that and the gossip articles I could see why Todrick might be a little confused.

"I might have to steal Mitch from you then Scott!" Todrick joked, and I laughed. Scott though, placed a protective arm around my shoulders.

"Just because I'm meant to be with Kirstie doesn't mean you can steal my friend, I saw him first," Scott's words were slightly slurred, but he was still being unnecessarily possessive. It seemed like the alcohol was starting to hit him.

Todrick frowned. Scott was being weird. He was a weird drunk. I'd been expecting him to be flirty, but it seemed his smooth ways only extended to times when he was sober.

I didn't particularly appreciate being spoken about as if I wasn't there either, but I immediately forgave Scott because he was drunk. And particularly cute.

Coming back to Earth, I pulled Scott away by his muscular arm, giving Todrick a smile. We walked through the crowds of people idly, Scott leaning down to talk incoherently into my ear occasionally.

I was beginning to feel a little claustrophobic, being surrounded by so many people. I pointed a nearby exit out to Scott, and he nodded, holding my wrist carefully and leading the way through the crowd.