1

My alarm clock woke me with it's generically cheery beeps, and I reluctantly sat up in bed. Wiping sleep from my eyes, I was suddenly hit by the realisation that I really needed to make sure I looked good for work today. Normally I could get away with messy hair and a thrown together outfit, because when no one but your very relaxed co-workers can see you, who cares? I worked as a radio host for PTX FM, which meant most days my hair was irrelevant, but today was different.

Today, I was interviewing Scott Hoying and Kirstie Maldonado, the hottest new celebrity couple. I was sort of a local celebrity due to hosting a popular show on the biggest station in the area, but my 27,000 Twitter followers were nothing on Scott's 467,000 or Kirstie's 286,000. They had been childhood best friends who had seperately risen to fame as singers, and had last week decleared themselves to be an item, and started doing press together for their new singles. They seemed really sweet together, and even though lots of fangirls were dissappointed that they could no longer date Scott, they could still get behind the couple.

PTX FM landing an interview with them was a big deal, and we were going all out. All eyes were going to be on us, literally. The interview was being filmed so we could upload it for all the fans to watch, and bag ourselves some great publicity at the same time.

Coming back to Earth, I jumped out of bed and into the shower, running over the prepared interview questions in my mind. I was nervous. It wasn't every day you met Scott Hoying, a poster of whom featured on the wall of most teens in the country, and his fashion icon girlfriend. I wanted to make a good impression, or at least just not make a fool of myself.

I styled my hair in the mirror, running my eyes over my outfit once again. I was wearing a printed t-shirt with black skinny jeans, matched with a dark jacket and I felt suitably stylish. Of course, I wasn't Scott Hoying levels of stylish, but it would do.

-

The drive to the station was uneventful. I found myself pulling up to Starbucks to get myself my usual morning coffee. After the short stop, I returned to my car and continued the journey.

When I got near to the station, there were paparazzi crowded around the front entrance. This was definitely unusual, as it was rare that there was anyone worth photographing here. I drove around to the employee's carpark and entered through the back door. Even though I was looking good that day, I knew I wasn't who the press were eagerly watching out for.

-

"You look suprisingly presentable," remarked Kevin upon my arrival. Kevin was the owner of the station, and over the years I'd been working for him we'd become close friends.

"I could say the same for you!" We'd all scrubbed up well. No one wanted to be wearing yesterday's jogging bottoms on a video with two major celebrities, suprisingly.

I looked through the window to the booth and saw Jake chatting away into the microphone, probably to a caller. He had the early morning show, before mine, yet he always seemed super cheerful. He noticed me looking and grinned at me. Even though we only saw each other in passing most days, Jake had become another good friend of mine. I didn't have much of a social life outside of work.

"Are you ready?" Kevin asked. Was I ready? Not at all. But I was willing to give it a good go. I made a noncommittal noise and Kevin chuckled.

Jake ended the call he was on and played a final song, getting up from his chair and heading towards the door.

"Hey guys" He said, joining Kevin and me.

I waved in greeting, and then headed into the booth and took my seat, putting my headphones on. I set to work queuing a few songs I particularly wanted to play that morning, and bobbed my head to the beat of the song Jake had left on.