First Day on the Job

Beginne am Anfang

I had to talk Ms.Evans out of driving because I didn't want her to be late to the very business she owned plus, I want to show her that I am resourceful; when it comes to my job.

This is was my moment to make a way for my self to seize this opportunity. Prideful or not; I was going to get things done. As soon as the song playing my headphones changed changed from Liquor by Chris Brown to Hello By Adele; the bus pulled up. I stepped on and instantly felt eyes on me. I paid the driver and took a seat in the back. Once the low mellow sounds of adele's new song filed my eys I felt at ease and instantly relaxed

"Hello, it's me

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet

To go over everything

They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?

I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be

When we were younger and free

I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us

And a million miles...."

I hummed along to the song. I am so happy she is back making music, I missed her voice so much.

As soon as I played that song, I went on a Adele frenzy and relistened to half of her album 21. I was so immersed in it, I pulled out my notebook and scribbled a few lines. Soon after the now empty bus stopped at my stop. I thanked the driver who gave a polite smile. "You look great miss. Knock 'em dead." he said smiling.

"Thank you sir. Have a blessed day." I said as I returned the smile as I descended down the steps to the sidewalk. I looked up and saw big bold letter across the building, Ethnic Elegance Corp.

I can't believe that after all this time, I finally get to work at a fashion company.

I mustered up my look of determination as well as fixed my posture. I walked in, I was met once by a beautiful interior. There was sleek modern furniture with touches of African culture. From the throws and pillows to the painting, it was all so well put together.

Omniscient Pov

As Zaria walked through the threshold of the grand glass doors, she spotted a young women whom she remembered from last time sat up at her desk, typing very quickly. When Zaria' heels made contact with the marble floor, the woman's head perked up. A big smile crossed her features as she saw Zaria walking towards her. She had taken quite an instant liking the shy, new talent that had entered the company recently.

Zaria had a calmness about her and she was refreshing to come across. Because in this industry it's so hard to find, innovative new talent the whole company was excited about her arrival.

"Good afternoon Hayley." Zaria flashing a small smile.

The bubbly receptionist jumped up so quick her hair moved with her. "Good Afternoon Zaria! You look so beautiful! Well it's officially for your official first day. Ms. Evans told me to give you a official tour of the office and tell you more about the company while she concluded her meeting. So whenever you are ready, we can began." she said happily getting up, straightening her leopard print dress.