6 (Part 2)

Unedited. Double update for ya'll. 

His wide eyed gaze was met with the bodies of three of the men from earlier on the floor, while the fourth had blue haired girl—who Kayden had decided to call 'Blue'— in a choke hold, his gun to her temple. Jett and Red were frozen in front of the two, from their tense stances they seemed as if they were waiting for something. Attempting to calculate the right attack to go with that would help their friend. Though, as soon as the glass door slammed behind Kayden and his captors, all heads turned in their direction.

"Look what we found," the older man declared, forcing Kayden down to his knees by giving a hard shove to his shoulders. His knees heavily thudded against the tiled floor, the sound of bone against ceramic making him grimace. The throbbing pain was slightly dulled by the coolness of the floor below him. Only slightly.

Kayden looked up at Jett, waiting for any recognition to cover her face. For her to look at him in a way that would convey that she had a plan and would get them out alive. Instead, it remained stoic. As if he was a complete stranger. Though, he noticed that her jaw clicked a little, as if she were clenching her teeth, which was a dead giveaway that she was pissed. Probably enough to consider leaving him to die.

"He one of yours?" The man holding Blue questioned casually, eyes staring Kayden down. His voice was incredibly deep and he spoke in a clipped kind of way that made the phrase sound more like 'he one o' yrs?'

"I've never seen him in my life," Jett replied easily, barely giving him a second glance, even going as far as inspecting her nails so she wouldn't have to look at him any longer. He wondered what was going through her mind, besides the expected thoughts on how she would end his life.

"Oh, great, then he isn't of any use to me," the man said, lightly, as if relieved. His gun twitched as if he were considering moving it from Blue's head and instead pointing it in Kayden's direction. Though, he seemed to think better of it. His face hardened "you two can kill him."

Kayden felt his heart stop and found himself unconsciously looking to Jett for help once more as a gun was put to his own temple.

She just gave a tired sigh, as if she were absolutely fed up with people nearly getting themselves killed. "Jinx," she muttered and immediately Blue— or, Jinx, he guessed— bowed her head as far as she could with the choke hold around her throat. She let out a little cough as Jett pulled a gun out of the waistband of her pants and shot the guy holding her friend right in the head before he could even comprehend what was going on. He collapsed, backwards, his head meeting the ground with a sickening crack. Blood pooling rapidly around him like some sort of disgusting halo.

The room fell silent, Kayden probably the most shocked out of anyone there. He stared at Jett with wide eyes as she simply slipped the gun back into the waistband of her jeans. Incredibly undeterred by the fact that she just shot a man in the fucking face. She regarded the situation with the same mask of indifference that she always had on her face, whether she was walking down the school hallways or sitting in a maths exam.

He then suddenly heard an 'oomph' from behind him before he felt the pressure of the gun fall away from his head and clatter to the ground. At that moment he noticed that Red had gone missing some time either before or during Jett's shooting. Which, he realised, was the perfect distraction in order to catch the other two men off guard. Kayden turned his head, seeing only Shanks standing before the entrance, eyes focused intensely on the three girls before him. Kayden could practically see the wheels in his head turning, trying to decipher his odds of taking them all out. He finally let out a curse before fleeing the building. Jett quickly raised her gun and shot at him, causing giant cracks to form in the window around the newly created bullet hole. Though, Shanks seemed to be expecting the shot because he managed to duck out of the way and kept on sprinting until he was out of sight.

With the last man gone, all heads simultaneously turned in Kayden's direction.

He gave a nervous chuckle under Jett's heavy glare, it was the first time he had seen such an intense amount of emotion crossing over he facial features. She was absolutely furious. Her lips were pursed in a way that looked as if she were holding herself back from verbally lashing out. A dimple had consequently been created in her left cheek which, he assumed, she was biting the inside of. Her eyes squinted in disdain and he knew that he should be wary of the fact that she was holding a weapon.

"Well..." he started nervously, "you definitely showed him."

She didn't justify that with an answer, just looked above his head and nodded at the figure behind him. At the gesture he felt a damp cloth being held to both his mouth and nose, forcing him to inhale the scent and slowly... lose... c o n s c i e n c e... 

____________________________________________________

Yay for super long updates featuring my girls kicking ass.

As always I hoped you guys enjoyed chapter 6, it's probably the longest chapter so far, and definitely the most action packed. If you liked it, don't forget to comment, vote and share!

Until next time,
Stay safe and treat yourselves kindly, 

Artemis.