13

A super early (and long) update because I just got over some writers block I've been having and was super excited to write up another chapter of Jett. Hopefully you like it! 

Unedited, as always. 

When they got to their apartment Kayden realised that the place did not at all look like how he'd imagined. For the first part it looked incredibly... normal when he knew that the three girls who had made their way in before him were incredibly... not. It was hard to take in the sight in front of him and still remember that the girls before him were supposedly trained killers. The apartment was pretty cosy with the living room, kitchen and corridor— which he assumed contained the bedrooms and the bathroom— all mere steps away from each other. It smelled heavily like some sort of lavender air freshener which seemed to cling to the mismatched couches and chipped wooden coffee table.

He had imagined the place to be a lot more... sleek and for there to be buttons in random places that led to secret rooms filled with guns. But the most dangerous thing he could spot in the room was Jett reaching for a glass from one of the banged up wooden kitchen cabinets. Everything in there looked like it had been picked out of a second hand store or had been found on the side of the road. Though, that could probably just have been because the place wasn't somewhere they had actually intended to stay in for a long period of time. As Jazz had explained on the ride over, they had simply chosen the first apartment that was cheap and practical. When he asked why they hadn't just stayed in a hotel Jett responded with the fact that maids probably wouldn't react to kindly to finding weapons while cleaning.

As he went to join Jinx and Jazz on the couches— which he admitted that, despite appearing quite worn out, looked incredibly comfortable— there was a loud banging sound that echoed through the house. All head turned towards the wooden door. There was a few seconds of silence before the banging came again. It couldn't be a coincidence that they had just gotten there and already someone, who sounded to have quite heavy hands, was banging on the door.

It seemed the girls had them same thought as he did.

In an instant, Jinx and Jazz were standing, both turning to look to Jett who just nodded in response.

Kayden watched silently, unsure of what to do. So instead, he just stood there, in the middle of the living room on top of an offensively yellow rug. In the time it had taken him to blink and wonder what the three of them were going to do, Jett had already pulled a gun from one of the kitchen draws and had it pointed towards the door. Jazz pressed herself against the wall next to the door on the side so that when the door opened she would be hidden, muscles tight, ready for some kind of attack. Even in the hip hugging pencil skirt and tight top—which Kayden had definitely not forgotten— she looked incredibly threatening.

Jinx took in a big breath and went to answer the door. She unlocked it and pulled it open slowly and not too far, just enough so that she could see out but the person there couldn't see too far in. There was a moment of tense silence before a voice drifted in.

"Hi, I'm Amy! I live in this building as well, right down the hall." It was high pitched and laced with excitement, the complete opposite from the deep threatening voice Kayden had imagined would be there. At the sound of it Kayden noticed that the Jett had retuned the gun to the drawer and Jazz had relaxed from her position by the door. Sighing and leaning against the wall with an amused expression on her face. As if she couldn't imagine that they had gotten worked up over a child knocking on their door. 

Kayden just continued standing there, completely aghast by how casually they had switched from 'ready to kill' to 'stand by.'

"I'm selling chocolates to help fund some new equipment for my baseball team, would you like some? They're $1 each." The voice continued hopefully and Jinx opened the door further to show a small girl with chubby cheeks and bouncy blonde curls grinning up at Jinx. She couldn't have been older than 10.