4

Edit: Chapter dedication to @ItalianIceQueen for their lovely and continuous feedback on the chapter. Thank you, Ice, I hope you continue to enjoy reading the story! :)

It turned out that pranking Jett was harder than Kayden had originally expected it to be. A lot harder. No matter what he did she always seemed one step ahead. It was like she knew what he wanted to do before even he did.

He started out simple, something that wouldn't cause too much damage and was just enough to make a statement. He had found her shampoo during gym and switched it out for something that would make her hair a little more... exciting. It was a little old fashion but it always proved to be effective.

And well, it was effective, just not on the right person.

Somehow, he was the one who ended up with a faulty shampoo mixture; an incredibly horrifying experience which left him with vibrant, hot pink, hair. A disaster which required Chelsea's help to remove in order to get his dirty blonde colour back- after a lot of teasing on her behalf, of course.

Undeterred, he attempted to step up his game by stealing her clothes while she showered. A low blow, but he was kind of desperate- not to mention he definitely wouldn't mind seeing the view. Surprisingly enough, he succeeded. But, in turn, he ended up having his clothes go missing as well. The only items left for him were a pair of neatly folded black booty shorts. There was a small yellow sticky note on top of it with a simple smiley face drawn on top.

Having no other choice he was forced to wear the uncomfortable little shorts out of the boy's locker room in order to demand that Jett give him his clothes back. Something that went only as well as could be imagined. It probably goes unsaid that he can't enjoy girls wearing booty shorts without the traumatising flashbacks. The girl in question, on the other hand, was waiting with the other students to be dismissed, fully clothed as he stormed out in his half naked rage.

After that he decided to move his antics out of the change rooms.

He couldn't figure out how she did it. How was it even possible that she not only knew what he was going to do but was able to effortlessly make it backfire? He was still stumped with how she managed to slip all of those erectile dysfunction brochures into his locker in the span of 10 minutes- 15 max.

She had to have had people working with her, that or she really was Batman.

By the end of Jett's first two weeks she had ended up as something of a minor celebrity, whereas Kayden was more of a joke.

"Dude, just give up before she makes you look like even more of an idiot. Seriously, if you stop now it'll probably blow over by next week." Mark reasoned as he, Kayden and Chelsea walked out of their last class for the day.

"Or not, I mean, at least this way I know that no matter how bad my day is there will always be something happening to cheer me up." Chelsea chipped in, a teasing grin painted onto her glossy lips. Though, Kayden noticed that she was looking a little tired. Her blonde hair had numerous loose strands sticking out in every possible direction, which he knew had to be a side effect of her constantly running her fingers through it, and she had slight dark circles under her eyes.

A small frown played on his lips while he observed Chelsea, knowing that her slightly frazzled appearance was a result of her attempting to keep up with everything on her plate.

"I wonder how she does it though, it's incredible," she mused, pulling him out of his thoughts. Kayden could practically see the gears working in her head as she bit her lip and squinted slightly in concentration.

"I know right, and here I was thinking Kayden couldn't be more of a joke," Mark added, elbowing Kayden with a small laugh.

Kayden just glared at the two of them in response, not really appreciating how 'supportive' his friends were being.

The three parted at the parking lot, Kayden took his time as he made his way to where his car was parked all the way at the back of the lot. Though, just before he got, his attention was drawn by a figure sprinting out of the school building. Their long black hair was trailing behind them like some sort of Halloween banner as they moved further away from the plain building. He watched as Jett narrowly dodged students in her haste to make it to where her motorbike was parked a few spots away from him.

Her tell-tale combat boots crunched against the gravel effortless while Kayden pondered how she was able to move so fast in jeans- the material wasn't exactly the most comfortable sporting attire. She had a phone held up to her ear and looked quite serious, with her drawn eyebrows and frowning lips, as she hastily barked into the receiver. As she got closer he managed to catch the end of her conversation.

"I'll be there in a sec, the building isn't too far from here," she paused for a second to let the other side response. "Yeah, I know, but until I get there do not move. I swear to God Jazz, this is my responsibility, you two are just back up." She snapped before shoving her phone into the zip up pocket of her leather jacket. She shoved on her helmet and got on her bike.

Kayden stared dumbstruck for a few seconds as she sped out, trying to decipher what she could have possibly been referring to when she spoke about 'back up.' That was some kind of mission impossible shit, not something you'd say to a friend or family member. In a split second mix of curiosity and slight excitement, he decided there was only one way to find out what Jett was up to.

He got in his car and followed her.

-------------------------------------------------------

So I'm practically done with the introductory phase where you get a feel for all the characters and we're going to start getting a little more... action packed. Hopefully you found this chapter as amusing as I found it while writing-- to be honest I thought of the erectile dysfunction brochures in the middle of one of my classes and might I say that it may have caused me to start grinning like a complete nut job. If you did enjoy this, please don't forget to comment, share and vote!

Until next time, stay safe and be kind to yourselves,

Artemis.