Halloween

1971-On their first year, they spent Halloween with their new friends. Laughing and cheering along with the rest of the school. They didn't really know what was coming because they had only been in school for about two months, but they didn't care. Their eleven year old minds were happy as they were waiting for the feast.

It was her first Halloween away from home. Away from traditions. Away from her sister. Even if her sister did think she was a freak, she would always miss the trick or treating, and the dressing up with her family, but this year, she was determined to enjoy this day with her new friends.

1972-Their second year, Halloween was spent pranking. It was like a second April Fools day. This year, they knew more about the school, and could perform little pranks that anyone could enjoy. Granted, they were mostly on those slimy Slytherins, but that's beside the point.

Now she knew what she was in for. Halloween at Hogwarts was amazing. Yes, she missed all of the muggle traditions, but she would never miss the delicious Halloween feast that was set out for students. Her friends would set up a mini fashion show in their dorm. They would work out cute outfits, and even cuter costumes, while the 5th, 6th, and 7th years partied in the common room below.

1973-Their third year, they found out a secret. That year they had realized that their friend had Lycanthropy. That year they realized he needed their help. They spent most of Halloween proving to him that he wasn't a monster. They spent most of that Halloween telling him he was loved. Though that didn't stop the pranks. The pranks started to get bigger. They knew the school very well at this point. They knew the teacher's weaknesses, and if you think that these pranks didn't help their little werewolf friend feel less like a monster, then, oh how wrong you are.

She spent this year protecting her friend. That awful group of boys just didn't know how to stop. They had mainly targeted Slytherins, and her friend just so happened to get the worst of their bullying. She knew that he had not wanted her help, but she did not want him to get into trouble as well, and made sure to keep them out of each other's way.

1974-Their fourth year was a little different. They had a new tradition to uphold. Their pranks had to be bigger, bolder, and most definitely on more of the Slytherins. They found new pranks to perform. New people to prank. This year they went big. But this year their group went small. One had to sit out due to a particularly bad transformation. Another was given detention by their head of house, in order to reign them in. Ha. If you think you can stop them, then you need to reconsider.

She spent this year with her friends. The Slytherin insisted that he didn't need her protection, and she took his word for this. Instead, they re-instated their fashion show. Staying up late and laughing harder than they ever have before. They gathered more girls this year, most from her year, a few from the year younger. Some didn't want to get in trouble, but honestly, who could sleep with the pounding wizard rock coming from the common room.

1975-Their fifth year, they had finally finished out how to help their friend. The three new animagi could now easily transform into a stag, a dog, or a rat. This meant that they could help their friend on Full Moons, but it also meant crazy wicked pranks. They could prank people using not only their human forms, but also using their new animagus forms. They found plenty of ways for a rat to scare the girls, or just to confuse people with why there is a stag in the halls.

She spent that Halloween upset. She knew that her closest friend from when she was younger had slowly been turning over to the Dark Arts. She knew his good thoughts about her have slowly been depleting due to her birth status. She knew that the war was coming up, even if people hadn't really begun to notice it yet. She didn't even attend the party that was on her mind since first year. She didn't even dance with the boy she liked (whom everyone knew liked her back). She didn't seem to remember how to function.