Young Remus Lupin x Reader

Another year at this horrible school. I was about to start my 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Now this doesn't seem bad, and it wouldn't be if I wasn't a complete loner. I had no friends. Well, I couldn't say none, I had Lily Evans, the ginger haired witch with emerald green eyes, and Severus Snape, the greasy haired boy with a knack for potions.

Now I didn't have much in common with those two, but we stuck together. We did have one huge thing in common though. We were always constantly harassed by the 'Marauders,' albeit in different ways, but harassment is harassment, no matter how it happens.

Lily was constantly asked out by James, Sev was constantly hexed by them, and I was constantly pushed down by them. The worst part was, they didn't even take the chance to know who I was, it was more of, let's go push some random person down, and that random person was constantly me.

On the train ride to Hogwarts, I sat by myself. Lily had prefects duty, and Sev sat with his Slytherin friends. I sat in my empty compartment, content with the silence, reading my muggle book. It was a wonderful book about a girl who fought against the government restraining her and her peers.

Of course, right as I was getting to the good part, where she had to figure out how to get out of her situation, the 'Marauders' walked in.

James walked in, followed by Sirius, who was trailed by a confused looking Peter, and Remus with his nose stuck in a book.

"Hello gorgeous," Sirius said. "You must be new here, welcome to Hogwarts."

"Oh, thanks, I am new. I just came in my first year, so you know, I've only been here six years, thanks for welcoming me," I responded, not looking up from my book when I said it.

"Hey! The least you can do is look at us when you're talking," James said, taking my book from my hand.

"Give. Me. My. Book. Back." I growled angrily.

"Not until you answer a few questions." That came from James.

"What?"

"You're not new?" This time from Sirius.

"No and I feel like you should have noticed, either from the amount of times you've pushed me down and tripped me in the halls," I said directing that part towards Sirius, "Or the amount of times I've been sitting right next to Lily while she rejected you," aiming that last part towards James. I couldn't help but smile when I noticed Remus trying to hide his laughter behind his book, while the other boys stood there wide eyed at me. "Take a picture, it'll last longer. Oh, and can I have my book back now?"

Once James handed me my book, they walked away, but Remus stayed behind to apologize. "(Y/N), sorry about them. They're kind of really stupid sometimes."

"Kind of? Sometimes?" I asked, causing Remus to laugh.

"That looks like a good book, mind if I borrow it some time?" he asked, pushing some hair out if his face, and god damn, it was hot, wait what. No I can't like him.

"Of course," I told him, blushing, and letting my (H/C) hair fall in my face to hopefully cover the blush.

Of course the other three Marauders came back to find him, and when they did, they found two awkward blushing nerds talking about books.

James and Sirius walked in, smirking, and Peter stood there confused as usual.

"Well, you probably want to go," I told him. "But don't you have prefect duties?"

"Oh, no. I'm done with mine."

"Oh well do you know if Lily is done?"

Just then I heard James exit and call, "Hey Evans, go out with me?" Promptly followed by a, "No!"

"Nevermind, found her," I got out through my giggles, causing both of us to laugh.

I kinda forgot that we weren't alone, so when I looked up I was surprised to see Sirius and James smirking, and Lily looking surprised.

Remus stood up awkwardly and said, "Well, see ya."

To which I responded, "Bye," with an awkward wave.

Once they left, Lily closed the door and made sure they were gone before yelling, "You like Remus!"

"So what?"

"You can't like him. He's one of them."

"You know I can't control my feelings like that Lils."

"Well you need to control these ones because if you date Remus, then James will think it's okay to ask me out even more."

"When are you going to admit that you like him Lils, everyone can see it. Well at least everyone in our dorm."

"I do not like James Potter!"

"Oh so you love him?"

"NO!"

"Fine, fine, chill. Just don't tell Remus, and I won't tell James."

"There's nothing to tell!"

~~ Time Skip ~~

It's been a few weeks since school started, and I've made a few more friends. And before you ask, not the Marauders. I have become friends with Remus, but Sirius and James are still jerks.

I think the only bad thing about being friends with Remus is that despite the fact that most of the girls in our school are falling for Sirius Black, there are quite a few girls telling me to "back off Remus." He doesn't seem to notice all he threats I'm getting, but trust me, they add up. That and the endless smirking that gets done by James and Sirius when I'm with Remus.

Now I know Lily promised that she wouldn't tell anyone, but sometimes she lets things slip. This was something she let slip. Now the whole school knew, "the little loser sixth year, (Y/N) likes Remus Lupin."

At dinner the next day, Lily sat next to me as usual. I tried ignoring her, but she didn't get the message."(Y/N)! I'm so sorry."

"You know that I always keep my promises and I expected the same from you Lily!" And with that I stood up and walked out of the great hall. Little did I know I was being followed by a werewolf (whom I didn't know I was a werewolf at the time, but that's for a part two of this if requested)

I ran all the way to the Gryffindor common room, and sat in front of the fire, the tears welling in my eyes threatening to spill.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" I heard the wonderful voice of what I'm assuming was now my ex-friend, Remus.

I shook my head no, and he came and sat by me, pulling me into a hug. I cried into his chest, even though I knew after this our friendship would be ruined.

"You know, it's not that big of a deal, people get crushes all of the time."

"Yes, but when people like you or Lily have a crush, you don't get the whole school to come up with a nickname about you pertaining to who you like," I explained through sobs.

"I don't know, (Y/N) Lupin has a nice ring to it," Remus chuckled.

"Really?" I asked sniffling, "I thought you hated it more than I did."

"I like it more than you would think, love."

"Hmm, I need proof." And with that, he kissed me, just in time for the first people coming back from dinner to see us. Of course those people were the Marauders and a worried Lily.

Let's just say, I never heard the end of it. That is until Lily agreed to go on a date with James.