You'll Be Okay--Ginny Weasley x Reader

A/N: This isn't one of my best ones, but I hope you enjoy. I know that it's not true to the story at some parts, but I got this idea when my friend was complaining about the lack of Ginny x Reader stories. Also this is a pretty long story, I just couldn't find a proper place to split it, so I hope you enjoy long one shots. :)

~~~~

You walked onto Platform 9 ¾ with your brother Draco, and your parents. It was your first year at Hogwarts, your brother's second. After you bid your parents a farewell, you waited on the platform with Draco.

"You excited, (Y/N)?" my brother asked.

"Yeah, but I'm nervous. What if I don't make any friends?"

"As long as you aren't hanging out with me," he said sarcastically.

"And why would I ever want to do that?" I retorted back, causing us both to laugh at our antics. Our mom would always yell at us for treating each other like that, but we always knew the other was kidding. My eyes wandered the platform, trying to find other first years to befriend. My eyes landed on a large group of redheads. I noticed the youngest one, and the only girl jumping up and down with excitement.

"Who are you looking at?" Draco asked me.

"Nobody," I lied.

"Don't lie to me (Y/N), I'll find out one way or another."

"Fine, I just noticed that the Weasleys have a daughter my age."

"Oh, well you better not talk to her, they're no good, those blood-traitors." I didn't have the same pure-blooded ideals as my family, and tried to ignore my brother's cold words. I looked awkwardly at the ground, thinking. "What are we worrying about now?" he asked, nudging me in the shoulder.

"What if I'm not in Slytherin?" I whispered.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). You'll be fine."

"But dad will kill me."

"It's okay, (Y/N). You'll be okay. I promise."

"Okay." As we boarded the train, I left Draco to find his friends, as I went on a search for my own. As I walked down, I notice a lone mop of red hair in a car. Realizing that it was the youngest Weasley, I joined her in the car.

"Hi, can I sit here?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm Ginny."

"Weasley, right?"

"Yeah, and you must be a Malfoy?" she asked, regarding my long blonde, practically white hair.

"Yeah, uh, (Y/N)," I informed her, sitting down. "I almost asked you how you knew, but then I realized that the only two people I know with my hair color, I'm related to," I told her, laughing.

"You know, I thought the same thing, but then I realized that my entire family has practically the same hair as me," she admitted with a giggle. We went on like that for a while, practically crying from our laughter.

Halfway through the ride, we noticed our brothers arguing. Well Ron was arguing with Draco. They must have both come to check on us at the same time, and ran into each other or something.

"Oh God!" I pointed out our brothers to Ginny.

"I hope we won't have to deal with that for 6 more years," she said, letting hair fall in her face.

'Wow, she looked cute like that,' I thought, and then mentally slapped myself. 'She's my friend, my only  friend so far, I cannot like her.'

When I snapped back into reality, our brothers were still arguing. I opened the door a little to hear their conversation.

"She cannot hang out with my sister!" Draco yelled.