Dean x Reader

"Dean!" I turned around to see my best friend, other than Seamus of course, running after me.

"(Y/N)? What's up?"

"You left your homework in the library last night, and I thought that you might need it."

"Oh, thanks!" I said, smiling gratefully at her.

"Of course! Anything for a friend."

Ouch. You see, I have had a crush on that (H/C) haired Slytherin since first year, when we met. "Yep," I managed to squeak out, "Anything for a friend."

She smiled before heading off to her own class.

~~~~ YOUR POV ~~~~

Why did I say that?!?! I thought to myself when I ran off. Now he'll never go for me!

I glared at the ground as I walked off to herbology, not taking note of who was in front of me. Naturally, I ran into someone. Looking up, I realized that it was Draco Malfoy. 

Shit.

"Oh look, it's the little mudblood." 

"Draco, will you please shut up for once?" Yes, I was probably the only muggle-born to be placed in Slytherin. Yes, it does make my life a living hell. "Or do you have some sort of medical condition where you can't?" I was also the only person to ever attempt to stand up for myself against Draco. "If you do, I'll stop bothering you about it, you just have to admit it."

Well eventually he got tired of my shit, and started to physically harm me. Throw a few hexes. I'm pretty sure he's attempted killing me on multiple occasions. Usually when we fight, I let him get a minor hex in. Something tat won't majorly affect me, but it will serve as proof to the professors. Then I throw a string of protective spells, and wait for him to tire himself out or for a teacher to come. Usually the crowd gets so big that a teacher comes, gives him detention and praises me for not fighting back. Even Snape favors me in situations like this. I've even heard him muttering to himself about me reminding him of someone while he was walking away. 

This time however, he sent an extremely harmful spell first. I'm not sure what he cast, but it sent me flying against the wall. I felt an excruciating pain in my head, and the last thing I remember was a familiar voice calling my name. 

~~~~ DEAN'S POV ~~~~

I realized that (Y/N) had not only handed me my homework, but also herbology notes. I would have waited until the next time I saw her, but she had herbology next, so I ran in her direction, ready to give it to her.

I slowed down when I got closer to the herbology classroom, but when I turned the next corner, I saw (Y/N) go flying against the wall, and Malfoy standing there looking triumphant and scared at the same time (Not sure how that works, but he did it.). I rushed up to (Y/N) calling her name, but she was passed out. I picked her up bridal style, and rushed her as fast as I could to the hospital wing. 

When I got there, Madame Pomfrey had me explain what I saw, and the treated (Y/N). Once she was done, she got Professor McGonagal and Snape. They had me repeat what I saw and pulled Malfoy out of class. 

I sat there next to (Y/N) for the next hour or so before Madame Pomfrey told me I had to go back to class. When I returned, I had Potions with the Slytherins. Snape had us partner up and of course I went with Seamus. I couldn't look at the other half of the classroom for the entire hour. When class was over, Snape called me over and asked me how (Y/N) was. He seemed worried, but I assumed that was only because he was her head of house, and therefore required to be worried. 

I soon went to lunch, and then Transfiguration where McGonagal excused me to go check on (Y/N).

~~~~ YOUR POV ~~~~

The next thing I remember was blackness. I know that sounds dumb, but I remember blackness and voices. I recognized one of the voices as two things. The voice that called my name, and Dean's voice. I also recognized the genuine anger in his voice. And the voice arguing back. The voice that taunted me for so many years. Dean was arguing with Draco. 

I still couldn't open my eyes, but I remember feeling something in my hand, soon discovering that it was another hand. Hearing that Dean's voice was the closest to me on that side of my body, I thought it was reasonable to assume that it was his hand. 

 I laid there for a minute before finally realizing what the argument was about. It was about me.

I eventually gained the strength to open my eyes, and slightly move. The first thing I did was squeeze Dean's hand, to let him know I was okay. He jumped slightly, and looked at me before calling Madame Pomfrey. 

She made sure I was better, and told me that I was to stay there overnight. I was about to protest when McGonagal and Snape walked in, muttering to each other. 

When they saw that I was awake, they stopped talking. They proceeded to discuss something with Madame Pomfrey and eventually everybody had left the room except Dean.

"(Y/N)! I'm so glad that you're okay!"

"Yeah, do you know what happened?"

"Partially, I didn't see most of it, but I did carry you here."

"Really? I didn't crush you did I?"

"No, of course not!"

We went back and forth like that, and I didn't even notice when both of us leaned in. I kissed him but then quickly pulled back, scared of the rejection. Only when he leaned in and kissed me again did I realize that he liked me back, and melted into the kiss.

Then Seamus walked in and got really angry for no reason. (That was the moment that I realized that he also really liked Dean. Whoops...)

~~~~

I finally got something up! I'm sorry I have been so busy lately. Like I said in my last post, I really am sorry. I have sports and school, and on top of that some family problems that I do not wish to disclose. Thank you so much for waiting, and I will try to get on top of it again.