Viktor Krum x Reader

This was requested by dracosgurl4ever. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~

It was the summer before your seventh year at Hogwarts and you were attending the Quidditch World cup, along with the Weasley family, Harry Potter, and your younger sister (by 3 years) Hermione Granger.

When the Bulgarian team entered the field, you remember Ron swooning over the seeker, Viktor Krum. Ginny was teasing him bout being in love, but nobody realized how uncomfortable you were when they were talking about him.

You were remembering all of the good times that you had with him. See, you attended Durmstrang for five years, but switched schools in your sixth year, when you realized that it wasn't safe for your sister after her petrifying. Sure she had gotten attacked by a troll her first year, but you actually weren't informed of it until you were also informed of her petrification.

During your years at Durmstrang you had taken a liking to Viktor, and he had taken a liking to you. The two of you dated for some time. Between third and fifth year, you were completely inseparable. You did everything together, but when you told him you were moving to Hogwarts, he didn't want to continue the relationship. Apparently he thought it was a bad idea to stay together if you were only able to see each other on holidays.

Anyways, you survived your 6th year without too many problems. I mean other than the fact that your little sister is insane for hanging out with Harry and Ron, but you can't really control her, and you were spending the summer with your sister. When you found out that the Weasleys had an extra ticket to the quidditch world cup, you were ecstatic, but when you found out who would be playing, you were less so.

Nobody knew about your relationship with Viktor except for Hermione, so it didn't surprise you when she changed the subject once she saw how uncomfortable you were. You quietly thanked her, and enjoyed the game without too much of a problem. That is until the death eater attack that happened whilst you were heading back to the tent.

Aaanyways, heading back to Hogwarts was really fun. It was just like the previous year, and you had fun messing around with the twins. You had many friends, and hung out with pretty much everyone. Even a few Slytherins.

When Dumbledore announced the triwizard tournament, you thought he was insane. Once he announced that he would only allow 7th years to participate, you found it slightly more reasonable. When you heard all of the younger students cries and complaints, you thought they were insane.

Dumbledore then introduced the other schools participating. The first school was Beauxbatons. Most of the school were veelas from France, and almost every boy was swooning after them. There were a few guys, but not nearly as many as the girls.

Then the next school was. Durmstrang. Just my luck. And, of course, Viktor was leading them in. Ron was fangirling over him again, and Ginny was teasing him more. I could hardly take it, and before I even realized it, my feet were leading me out of the Great Hall. Luckily the Durmstrang students had the full attention of everybody, except maybe Hermione.

My feet led me to my common room and up to my dorm. I collapsed on my bed, but refused to let myself cry. I knew that he had moved on from me. It had been over a year for Christ's sake, but I just couldn't get myself to move on.

"(Y/N)?" I heard someone ask, knocking on your door. The voice was easily recognized as your sister, and you could hear the worry in her voice, but something was telling you not to let her in. You decided to ignore that voice, and let her in, and soon realized that you should have listened. "(Y/N), Viktor is waiting outside of the common room now, and he really wants to talk to you. I would recommend that you hurry down though, because Ron might get a bit handsy," she said the last part, laughing.

"Not now 'Mione! I'm clearly not in the mood!" you snapped, but once you saw her face, you instantly felt guilty. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I guess I really just don't want to see him."

"(Y/N), you clearly want to see him. I know you, and even if you don't want to talk, you always like clarification."

"Goddammit Hermione, I'm sick of all this 'Brightest Witch of Her Age' bullshit!" She looked slightly taken aback, until you continued on, "Can't you be wrong about something for once in your life?"

"I was worried there for a second (Y/N). I thought you were really mad at me."

"Oh, I am Hermione. I am so disappointed at you for knowing enough about me to be a good sister. Shame on you 'Mione. Shame on you," you told her, sarcasm dripping from your voice.

"Well, you really should go talk to him. From what I've heard, his reasoning is pretty damn faulty."

"Thanks sis, you know you're the best, right?"

I headed down to the common room where Ron was fuming. "(Y/N)! Why didn't you tell me you knew Viktor Krum? I mean, honestly, you know he's my idol."

"Ronald, can you shut up for once in your life?" you asked, clearly angry with his rude behavior.

"Honestly Ron, don't you think if she wanted you to know, you would know?" your sister backed you up.

You stepped out of the portrait hole, and came face to face with your ex, and the one person you ever really opened up to, aside from your sister.

"(Y/N)," he said.

"Viktor," you said coldly.

"Please, (Y/N)."

"Please what Krum?"

"You aren't going to put your name in the goblet, are you?"

"No, Krum, I'm not. I don't see why you care anyways."

"(Y/N), I still care about you. Can't you see that?"

"No, I can't. I can't see how you could break up with someone who you still care for. I can't see how you can leave someone who is so madly in love with you with a broken heart because they want to protect the one and only person who means more to them than you. I can't see how you could get rid of me so easily after all we've been through, go a year without so much as attempting to contact me after all of my letters, and then come back and claim that you care. I can't see that at all, so please explain, because I definitely need answers."

"(Y/N), I-I didn't want to break up with you, but with me playing quidditch professionally, and you attending a different school, I thought it would be better if I let you move on. I didn't want you stuck with me, when a beautiful girl like you can get a guy who can be with you every day. A guy who can be by your side, and protect you. A guy who can love you better than I would have been able to from Bulgaria," he managed out, so quietly that you struggled to hear it.

"Viktor, if this is true, then you should know that I have not found one guy since you left that would be able to live up to even a quarter of the expectations you left me with. I don't even know how you thought that someone could love me more than you, even at a distance, and even if they could, what would it matter if I was still in love with you?"

"So, does this mean that we can re-try?"

"We most certainly can, Mr. Krum."

~~~~

"Viktor Krum from Durmstrang!"

No, no. Not Viktor. Anybody but Viktor.

You and Viktor had just recently made up and gotten back together. He had put his name in the Goblet of Fire before you could even tell him what you thought. And you thought it was a stupid idea. You kept reassuring yourself that he wouldn't get picked. The there were too many students from his school to enter for the Goblet to choose him. You were very wrong.

Just please, please, please, don't get hurt.