Neville x Reader

"Ugh I can't do this!" I yelled throwing my Herbology book across the deserted common room. Of course, the commotion caused somebody to come down here, and it just so happened to be Neville Longbottom, my crush of, eh, three years or so. 

"Everything alright (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, just the stress of the exams getting to me."

"You weren't this stressed about the OWLs  last year, why are you so stressed now?"

"Because, the OWLs determine what classes you get into, and the better ones for your job. I didn't need herbology in order to become anything I wanted to be, so why worry, right? But now I have to pass every exam, because I was placed specifically into these classes, and if I don't pass them I can't get any job. I even have to pass herbology which, no offence, is one of my least favorite subjects."

"None taken, and I guess I understand. Do you want me to tutor you? I am quite good at herbology," he offered.

"Except that mandrake incident, right?" I laughed.

"I choose not to think about that," he told me, also laughing. "So, what are you working on now?"

"Why don't you ask the book I just chucked into the corner of the room? The bookmark should still be in there."

He walked over to the book, and picked it up off the floor. Opening it up to the page with the bookmark, he skimmed the page, along with my notes, and looked back up at me. "The Venomous Tentacula is one of the more difficult plants to study, though I'm surprised that you don't know much about it, considering it's constantly trying to attack us."

"Well, I'm sorry for not wanting to study the plant that constantly tries killing me," I told him sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, if you knew what it poisoned you with and the cure, it would be a bit easier if you actually got attacked by it."

"I suppose," I mumbled under my breath. I hated it when he was right about something so simple like that.

"So, what do you know about it?"

"Other than the fact that its poisonous?"

"Venomous," he corrected.

"Yeah, that. Other than the fact that it's venomous, um, it's juice, or I guess sap can make a poison, but the poison isn't fatal, right?"

"Right!" Neville exclaimed, seemingly proud. "What else?" he asked, sitting next to me, setting the book and notes to the side.

"Well, the poison makes the person feel like they're burning inside, and makes their skin darker. Like purple or something?"

"Mmmhmm," he nodded.

"A-and the leaves are valuable. They are really valuable, right. Not sure how much you can get for one, but I know they are."

"Wow! (Y/N), why were you so frustrated, you seem to know more about this plant than I do." I blushed at the compliment. It may have not seemed like a compliment, but it was. Knowing more about a plant than Neville Longbottom was a huge accomplishment. 

"I-I-uh-I don't know actually. I just, I couldn't remember anything before you came down here."

"That's strange. Really strange actually," he muttered, looking thoughtfully at the stairs to his dorm. "One second, there's something in a book I was reading earlier about that."

"About what?"

"Being able to retain information easier when you are with a specific person. I never really thought to notice it before, but I know I saw it in a book somewhere."

"What are you, Hermione now?"

"N-no," he stuttered out, regaining the whole shy side of him that was lost when we were talking about plants. 

"Well, what are you waiting for, go get the book," I told him. 

He nodded before heading up the stairs at a brisk pace, and then hurrying back down the stairs, this time with a book in hand. Opening it up to a page, and skimming it before flipping a few pages, he started to read, "W-well, it says h-here that t-two wizards or witches with a soul like c-connection will feel a connection with the other's b-brain. Th-that a smaller connection w-will show i-itself with easier information r-retainment."

"Wait, really?"

"Y-yeah."

"Well, why haven't we noticed this before?" I asked. 

"We n-never really have studied t-together."

"So does that make us, soul mates?"

"Uh, yeah, I g-guess."

"Well its good to know that I haven't been attracted to you for the past few years for no reason."

"Y-you've been a-attracted to me?"

"I thought it was obvious!" I chuckled nervously.

"Well, it is now," he laughed out, losing the stutter that was previously laced through every sentence he said.

"So, how are we supposed to react to this type of news?"

"You ask that as if I've met another one of my soul mates before, (Y/N)," he told me.

"Well, maybe we should try this?"

"Try wha-" but he never did finish, because I cut him off by gently placing my lips on his.

~~~~

A/N: I know this one kinda sucks. I realized I hadn't done a Neville one, and actually smacked myself. I threw this one together, as a filler because I have many requests coming up, which may take a while. Anyways, I got all of my information about the Venomous Tentacula from the Harry Potter wiki, and I made up everything about the soul mate retainment topic. Hope you enjoyed, despite the crappiness compared to my other ones (in my opinion). As usual,

Much Love

-Katelyn