Bet--Fred Weasley x Reader

A/N: This was the first Harry Potter themed oneshot I wrote. I don't know why it wasn't the first for me to post, but I hope you enjoy.

~~~~

"Who are you staring at?" George asked his twin, Fred.

"What? I wasn't staring at anybody," Fred said, in a sad attempt at lying.

"I'm your twin brother, I can tell you're lying."

"Fine, if you must know, I was looking at (Y/N) (Y/L/N)," Fred told George.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)?! Dude, she's way out of your league."

"I know," Fred replied, looking back over at (Y/N), George's eyes following his gaze.

She was reading a book, while her friends chatted around her. She seemed completely disinterested. One of her friends noticed the twins, and tapped her on the shoulder. The said a few words to her, and subtlety pointed in their direction. The twins pretended they were looking at someone past her. George was completely trying to sell the role, however, Fred glanced back at her, and saw a disappointed look in her eyes, what he could only assume was from them not actually looking at her. She turned back to her friend, and told them that the twins were merely looking at someone behind the group.

"I'll bet I could convince her to go on a date with me!" Fred told his twin excitedly.

"And I'll bet you 10 galleons she won't."

"Well, that makes me feel better about myself," Fred said, attempting to make his actual hurt sound fake.

Fred got up out of his seat, and walked over to her. "Hey (Y/N)!" he said. All her friends had left at this point, so it was just the two of them.

"H-hey Fred," she stammered, looking up from the book.

"I was wondering if..." he started, trailing off.

"If?" (Y/N) leaded, noticing the red shade spread across his face, and feeling her own face grow red.

"If you, um, would like to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?"

"Of course!" (Y/N) responded, standing up to hug Fred. "I thought you'd never ask."

"Wait! Really?" Fred asked.

"Yes!" (Y/N) said, holding him at arm's length by his shoulders, and looking into his eyes.

"Well! I'd better go," they said at the same time, prompting (Y/N) to giggle. After they said their goodbyes, Fred walked up to George.

"Pay up!"

(Y/N) had forgotten her book, and when she went back, she saw George giving Fred some money. She knew that George wasn't one to do something like that unless he had lost a bet. Realizing what was going on, she grabbed her book, and walked away, tears forming in her eyes.

~~~~

A/N: Ughhh that ending. I don't know what me from like two weeks ago was thinking, but it was horrible. Actually, that ending has been growing on me, as I have been reading and re-reading this story since I wrote it, judging it. If you want me to add a second part to this showing what happens during the Hogsmeade trip, let me know, but until then. You're stuck with this ending. Anyways, thanks so much for reading.

Much Love

-Katelyn