Chapter 31 - Battle Plans

"We must attack!" Athena bellowed.

Apollo shook his head. "He needs to be drawn away from that fortress." He sat at a table, his head in his hands.

They were huddled in a small cabin, Alya and Helen slept in the only bedroom, Parris was on the couch. The three gods worked on their battle plans.

Artemis placed her hand on her twin's shoulder. "There is a full moon in three days time; the tide will be high. Maybe we can devise a way to get him on the beach."

Apollo brushed her hand away. "What good will that do sister? We will have a narrow field to fight him."

"I don't think we should fight him." Artemies said.

"Absurd!" Athena said. She shook her head and pushed away from the table.

Apollo started to glow, "He has to be brought into control, he has messed with my family!"

"He is too powerful to attack head on. We must try to blindside him."

"And how will we do that?" Athena wanted action.

"By not fighting him, of course." Artemis perched on the edge of the table and explained her plan.

It was a ridiculous plan, but the only one they had.

The rest of the night, they planned strategies for how to get Cass and Jake out before things grew into a fight. Zeus would likely not back down.

****

Cass wished she had stayed in Purgatory.

She was in a never ending nightmare. She watched a bloody battle over and over, from every angle. She watched her mother die, Jake, and Parris...his blood covered her, soaking into her skin.

She couldn't stop it. Once Zeus arrived on that beach, people she loved started bleeding.

Zeus induced vision after vision, all the while watching through her mind.

His children were coming for him and now he had a plan to stop them.

Cass watched in horror as Zeus would draw the lighting to himself and the charge would be let loose at her loved ones. He looked like a maniac drunk on his own power, knowing he couldn't be beaten.

As she watched this gruesome battle for the hundredth time, Cass started to form her own plan. If she could get to the beach, she might be able to stop him.

Athena had given Cassandra the answer, and now, Cass knew how to use that information.

****
Great everyone's got a plan! Fingers crossed for Cass and Parris! -LM