Chapter 27 - National Library

The train ride was long, the scenery breathtaking. Each mile clicked away, the sounds of the train lulled them into sleep. Parris held Cass as she rested her head on his shoulder. This would have been a dream vacation, if they weren't in mortal danger.

Coffee.

The rich aroma woke Parris and Cass quickly followed.

"Good morning." They said as sleep still clung to them.

It felt right to be in his arms, Cass didn't want to let go. She nuzzled his shoulder, "Best worst sleep ever."

He laughed and ran his hand over hers. "Absolutely, if I'm going to sleep on a train, you are the only one I'd want to be with."

He rested his cheek on her hair. It smelled like flowers, which kind he didn't know, but he loved it.

She turned her head and pressed a kiss to his neck. "Cass." He took her chin and, morning breath be damned, he kissed her.

Neither wanted the kiss to end. For once it did, they would have to face the day and all the challenges that lay ahead.

Sometime later...

Coffee in hand they disembarked from the train and walked several blocks to the national library of Austria.

It was huge. "I don't think we should split up." Cass didn't want to let go of Parris' hand.

They found a computer but quickly realized it was all in German. "I didn't think about that." Parris ran a hand over his hair. "Maybe a librarian speaks English?"

"But what about the books?"

"There could be an English copy laying around."

"I feel stupid, what were we thinking?" Cass fought to hold back tears.

"Hey Magna sent us here. Look, I'll go talk with a librarian. Sit here I'll be right back." He helped her to a fluffy chair and went to the large wooden counter.

Cass whispered, "Gods help us."

Behind her a statue of Athena looked down on her and smiled.

Parris walked quickly back to Cass. "There is an expert in Greek Mythology giving a lecture in a half hour. The librarian said there's a Q&A after, and the awesome thing is it will all be in English!"

"Parris that is awesome!" She jumped out of the chair and hugged him. Maybe sometimes things work out.

"She also said there is a cafe just across the street, let's grab a bite."

She took his hand. "Lead the way."

****

Helen and Alya were on the first flight to Vienna early in the morning. When the flight landed they took a car to the library.

"You stay by the door. I'm going to take a look around to see if they are here." Alya turned to go in.

Helen paced by the front doors, but she saw a poster for the lecture going on. She ran to the room.

There she saw them.

"Mom!" Cass hugged her. "How did you find us?"

"Cass you must get away from here."

"But you'll never guess what we discovered! "

"Don't tell me please. Alya is here, you must leave at once." Helen was pushing Cass towards the hallway.

Parris was trying to pull Cass away. "There's a back door through here."

"Mom?" Cass wouldn't move.

Alya had watched the whole scene. Very touching. She approached the group, "I am excited to hear about your discovery."

Cass recognized her as the woman from her dream. "Alya?"

"Nice to meet you Cassandra." Alya took Cass by the arm and didn't let go. "I've been searching for you for a long time. You have the most lovely visions, I cannot wait to explore them with you."

Parris said in a low voice, "Let her go."

"I don't think so, lover boy. We have a date with a god. He will be most interested to hear about you. Everyone is to walk out of here calmly and get in the car."

Once in the car, with the help of a god, all of them were taken to purgatory.