I Fess Up

"Hey April!" I yell the next morning picking my skateboard up with a certain determination that April could see in my eyes.

"What happened to you?" she asks as she and Irma come up.

"Come with me to the bathroom and I'll show you guys." I say and they follow me into the bathroom. I pull my shirt off and they see the wings. Then they see the cuts and bruises.

"When did you get the tatt girl? And when did everything else happen." Irma asks.

"Last night and a week ago." I say. "Okay so I have literally the craziest story to ever happen." I say and then I tell them everything that had happened except for the dragon possessing me.

"Honey you're crazy!" Irma says "Mad, c'mon April let's go. I'm not gonna stay in the same room with this crazy." Irma drags April out with and April manages to mouth lair at me. Everything at school even art is a drag compared with everything that happened. Micah and I make some small talk but other than that I let my hand have a mind of its own and I end up drawing a dragon. Black eyes, red body with glowing wings. I sigh and wait for the rest of the period to go by and the rest of school to go by. Once it does April and I wait till the street, where the manhole leading to the lair, is empty.

Raph POV:

When April comes back again she brings the red haired chick along with her. She seems cool enough, but she always seems to be brooding about something which is kind of like my job.

"Hey guys!" April says while the girl just stands next to her quietly thinking.

"Hey April! Are you like not talking today?" I ask Jade teasingly.

"Not exactly." She replies as if trying to think of how to say what she wants too. "Um may I see Splinter?" she asks and I look at her curiously.

"What do you wanna see him for?" I ask her and she gives me a look that says I'm not sure exactly. I understand that. I give her a small smirk and point to the dojo. "He should be in there meditating Hãi ér." I say calling her babe in Chinese.

"Hmm I'll ask later." She says with a small smile and I shrug. When she walks off April asks me what I called her. "Babe. Saying it in Chinese is more interesting." I say simply and she rolls her eyes.

Jade POV:

Looks like Raph was right. Walking in quietly I sit cross legged in front of Splinter.

"You want to ask me something child." He says opening his brown eyes.

"Will you train me sir?" I ask him politely.

"Train you? What are your reasons?" he asks me and I tell him everything. I don't hold anything back and somehow he doesn't look surprised. "Very well. You need to be trained." He says.

"If'n I may say it, you don't seem very surprised."

"I believe I know your mother. Is her name Sianna Flames?"

"That was her maiden name." I reply.

"She got married to that dog who almost killed you? Interesting. She was actually a brilliant kunoich back when ninjas were still used. She had told me of the family superstition and had begged me to keep her in check." He explains to me and I nod. Sounds like my mother who's gone for the next three weeks. "Unfortunately I couldn't thanks to this form so she ended up with that scum and giving birth to you. I am truly sorry." He says and I laugh a little.

"You gave me a chance at a beautiful life. I think that I should be giving thanks rather than forgiveness." I say smiling and he half smirks.

"Your training will start tomorrow."

"Um I have work." I say timidly.

"Alright. From tomorrow on you'll be moving in with us. That way we'll be able to do training on a schedule where you can work." He says and I nod.

"I'll send one of my sons to help you with your stuff." He says and I nod. "You may go." He says and I get up off the floor thanking him and he nods. Then I get out of there. Even though I'll never admit it to anyone else I gotta say Splinter's a bit intimidating.

"Hey Hãi ér what happened?" Raph asks me and I make a mental note to figure out a nickname for him.

"Well he agreed to train me and I'm moving in with you guys." I say and he nods.