26 - MELISSA

Melissa

We've danced to this song too many times, but damn . . . tonight he is making me weak. I'm smiling so hard that my face actually hurts. Jason's hands slide a little further down my dress. The way he moves his body with mine is turning me on. I'm not that great of a dancer, but Jason makes up for what I'm lacking.

I watch him close his eyes as he sings the last few words of the song, holding me tightly in his arms. "Hey, Mel, promise me that we will always be this close."

I rub his head and close my eyes as the next song starts to play. "You my boo, Jason. I promise."

"I promise also. We'll always be just like this."

There we danced to the second song with my arms around his neck and his arms wrapped tightly around me. Our foreheads touching and eyes closed, and I feel like I am the only girl in the room. We pay no attention that the beat is more up beat than how we are moving. He is dancing with me like Leslie didn't come to the party with him. I am dancing with him like I don't have a date. I open my eyes to find him smiling down at me.

*****

Cameron helps me sits up from the bed in the little room. We're at my doctor's appointment.

"How do you feel, baby?"

I smile at him asking me this. It used to annoy me, but now I look forward this question. "Hungry." I admit.

Cameron raises an eyebrow at me as he grabs my shoe and puts it on. I look down at him, watching as he ties my laces up. I'm so glad that I'm getting a chance to witness how sweet my baby is.

"Where you want to go?" He looks up for a second, before grabbing my other shoe.

"I have a taste for some pasta."

"Okay. Olive Garden?" He quickly ties my laces together and stands up, grabbing my hand. I jump down and pull my jeans up a little.

"I'm sleepy. Maybe we should skip the restaurant and go tomorrow." I yawn a little, not realizing how tired I really am. Carrying a life inside you can drain all your energy.

"I can just pick you up some food, so that you have it when you get up. I don't mind." Cameron offers me.

I smile at him, grabbing my purse off the chair. "You're amazing."

"I know." He smiles big, opening the door for me and letting me walk out first. Cameron and I both walk pass the nurse station. We go to my check ups at a small clinic, because a little cheaper and more convenient for us. I walk into the waiting area and take a seat, looking down at my belly. I smile a little, because I know that no matter what happens my baby will be okay. He or she already has a wonderful daddy who loves their momma. I look up at Cameron as he leans over the small counter, trying to make my next appointment. He turns around to give me a wink. He spoils me by doing everything.

Cameron takes the slip of paper from the nurse and walks in my direction. I struggle to stand up, wondering why did I ever sit down. I've been getting so lazy. I act like I'm six months pregnant, when I'm only three months

Cameron takes my hand and we head towards the exit doors. "We have to put a refill in for your vitamins. I think you only have a few left in the last bottle at home. How about I take you home, pick up your vitamins, and go to the Olive Garden?"

I squeeze his hand in response. "I love you."

Cameron brings our hands to his lips and kisses the back of my hand. "I love you too, baby."