25 - KERRI

Kerri

I sit in the living room, when I hear the front door creak open. I look up to find Jason sticking his head in the door. I shake my head at him in disappointment. He doesn't have to tell me all that he's been up to. I already know. I heard his girl crying in his bedroom, when I left my room this morning. Jason is foul.

"Ash here, Ker?"

"No, but you need your ass kicked. If she ever decides to do that, I will help her." I turn the television off, preparing to have a heart to heart with my brother. I don't know where the hell his mind is at, but he needs to do some type of change.

Jason eases into the apartment, looking around suspiciously. You would have thought that he didn't live here by how he was acting. I swear the dog lifestyle isn't for him.

Jason closes his front door. "What time did she leave?"

"I don't know. Some time this morning." I shrug, eyeing him. "And where were you?" I know damn well where he was already.

"Some where." He answers, heading to the back to go to his room, I'm guessing.

I stand up and follow him. Jason looks over his shoulder at me as he walks into his bedroom.

"I'm about to go to bed. Where's Terrance?"

"Grabbing some food and other things. We're getting out of here in a couple days. You will have your space all to yourself. And haven't you slept enough? You're sneaking into your place at noon."

He doesn't say anything as he takes his shirt off and tosses it into the laundry basket by his closet. He sits on the edge of the bed and finally makes eye contact with me. I just lean on his door frame. I feel really bad that he's handling his break up this way. I knew that he didn't know what the hell he was doing, when he broke it off with Mel. He was acting off pure emotions.

"Have you tried calling her?" I ask, quietly

He shakes his head, looking down at his hands. "She's happy. Every other day she's posting pictures of her and him on the web."

"You do the same with Ashlee, and we both know that you're not happy. Your unhappiness is causing hurt and pain to others. Hell, Terrance had to pick up your car early in the damn morning, because you were drunk off your ass. I had to ride with him, to drive his car back. This is . . . " I shake my head, not sure what it is exactly. "Crazy." I mumble to myself.

Jason nods his head. "It is." He's still looking down at his hands. "She's getting over me. She took a picture with him, and I swear she were looking at him the way that she used to look at me."

I sigh, listening. I don't know if any of this is true. I haven't spoken to Mel in a little bit of time. She doesn't even know about my engagement. I've been so busy in my own little love nest and Jason's issues that I haven't check in with her at all. Regardless of how often we may or may not talk, she will always be my favorite. We have the kind of friendship where I don't have to remind her that she is my number one.

"Look, if you want her back, you have to talk to her and communicate that to her. You can't do what you're doing now. You're an asshole, Jason. That girl stayed in your room crying and calling you. She was worried sick about your inconsiderate ass. I knew that you were with that other light bitch, because you've been behaving real selfish lately. You think your heartbreak gives you the right to hurt others." I frown up, allowing myself to get upset with him. I take the shit that he's doing really personal, because Terrance used to treat me like shit. "You don't go fucking Ashlee and claiming that you want something with her, when . . . How the hell can you expect her to give you love, when you don't even love yourself?"