69 - MELISSA

Melissa

I close my eyes with my hand on the lock. "This is wrong, Jas. You and I aren't built to do things like this."

"You hate me?" His breath is warm against my ear. His cologne smells so good. "You miss me?" I open my eyes and turn my face slightly to see him looking down at me. "I miss you."

I take my hand off the lock and drop my hands to my side. "I miss you more." I look at the door, feeling my entire body heat up. "I can't be a side chick. I want all of you."

Jason nods his head. "You will have all of me. You always get all of me."

"No. You're with her."

"Tell me what you want, because you saying that you won't be with me is not what I'm trying to hear."

"I can't do this." I wipe my tears. "Jesus, you make me so emotional!" I turn around and push him angrily. "Do you think that that's all I'm good for at this point? Some one that you can fuck and see, when you feel like it?"

*****

When I hear the alarm go off in the morning I open my eyes. I know that Jason most likely had turned the alarm off the moment that it went off. My baby doesn't do that five or ten minutes crap any more. When the alarm goes off, he's getting up and out to make money, or get his education.

I try to force myself to get up, because I wanted to try to spend a little time with him, before he leaves for the day. Today is Thursday, which is one of his longest days. He has two classes and then he has work afterwards to eleven. Wednesdays and Thursdays are so freakin' long. Monday, Tuesdays, and Fridays aren't so bad. I mean, he is still busy and everything, between the study groups and work, but those days will never be as bad as Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Saturdays and Sundays he usually works eight hours both of those days. My baby is not afraid of working hard to get everything he needs to do for us.

I stretch and yawn as I sit up in the bed. Jason is slipping on his boxers. I rub my eyes as I turn to the clock that's sitting on top of the night stand. The time says that it's five in the morning, but that can't be accurate. I reach over on his side of the bed to grab my phone off the night stand. The time on my phone says that it is indeed five in the morning.

"Babe, it's only five. You still have three more hours, before getting up." I lay my head back on my pillow, turning away from him.

"I know. I did that on purpose. I set the alarm a few hours earlier than my usual time. I figure that I can make breakfast for you and we can watch a movie."

I turn around in the bed to look at his face. "What?"

"Baby, I know that I haven't been spending that much time with you. You've been so good with this whole new arrangement. I just want you to know that I'm here."

"Jason, bring your ass to bed." I roll back over. "Boy, today is Thursday and you have a long ass day ahead of you. I know that you appreciate me, and I appreciate you. Now can we please act like it's five in the morning and go back to sleep?" This boy is crazy.

Being two weeks from my due date has me a little cranky at times. My body is constantly aching and hurting.

"Baby, you can give me three hours to spend some time with you. I'm going to be gone all day, and you could go back to sleep."

I roll onto my back, looking at his face as he puts a t-shirt on. "Baby, I'm not angry at you. We're good."

Jason walks over to the bed and leans over the bed and kisses me softly on the lips. "I know. Now get up and help me make breakfast. I just want to spend some time with my wife."

I push his face away. "Your morning breath should be illegal." I try to cover my face as Jason tries to push my hands off my face. I giggle uncontrollably at how he tries to give me smoochies all over my face. "Jason!" I scream out to him, trying to push him away.

"Love you more, baby." He says, climbing off the bed. "I'll see you and Jessica in the kitchen. Don't make me come back in here."

"What you going to do? Attack me with your breath again?" I laugh, throwing a pillow at him.

Jason laughs, but doesn't say anything as he walks out of our bedroom.

I have to admit that it's sort of nice with him wanting to spend a little time with me. I've just been doing my own thing. Setting up my baby's room and running errands for Jason.

"It's five in the morning, ass!" I laugh as I sit all the way up in the bed.

"Five after five, and I love you too." He sticks his head into the bedroom

I toss the other pillow at him, playfully. "Ugh!"

Jason ducks back out the room, laughing at me. "Woman, don't make me deal with you. You can't handle what I got for you."

"You must be talking about that hole in your face again." I joke with him as I get out the bed.

I can hear Jason's laughter from the kitchen. I smile to myself, shaking my head.

*****

I wake up in the middle of the night, feeling like I just peed on myself. A strong pain suddenly comes over me. It feels so much like a cramp times ten. It hurts to the point where tears come to my eyes. Oh, shit. I lift the covers off my body and notice that the bed is completely drenched. Oh, shit . . . My water did break.

"Jas . . . " I say, pushing him in the back. "Baby, it's time!" I say, with a little more panic in my voice.

Jason rolls over, facing me. "What time?"

I let out a scream as another contraction hit me, seeming more painful than the first one. I clutch my stomach, tossing my head back on the headboard, unable to speak.

"Baby, it hurts!"

Jason sits up in the bed full of energy now. "Oh, shit. It's that time!"

He looks down at the sheets on the bed, realizing that my water broke. He quickly kisses my forehead and jumps out the bed. I have never seen this man jump in clothing so fast in my entire life. He grabs my bag that we packed a few days ago, while he has a silly smile on his face. I begin to do my breathing that I learn at my birthing class, trying to relax. I can feel little Jessica moving around all crazy. She's probably excited about meeting her parents.

Jason grabs fresh pajama pants and helps me put them on. I really wish that I had enough time to shower, before going to the hospital. From the way my contractions are coming, I seriously doubt it. Jason helps me stand up and tosses the strap from the bag over his shoulder as he grabs my hand.

"Let's go have a baby, babe." He gives my hand a light squeeze.

*****

A/N: I probably have a few more chapters left to this story. At most, I would say maybe five to ten. It could be less, depending on how I plan to write it. MELISSA IS IN LABOR!!!!!

I'm debating how to write the next few chapters. Option one: Fast forward time right after the birth by two years. Option two: Wait until the baby is four weeks old and then fast forward time by two years. Mmm . . . Not sure yet. On Sunday I will be writing the final updates for this story and posting the newest story in this series. Thanks for reading and voting. I appreciate you guys!!!