12 - MELISSA

Melissa

Jason puts his arms around me, and I feel him pull me closer to him. I wrap my arms around him as he puts his head on my shoulder.

"Baby, I'm going to keep you dry."

I can't do anything, but smile as I watch the rain fall harder. "Thanks, Jay baby."

I feel his hands move from my waist to my back pockets, and wonder if I should just kiss him. What more of a perfect moment to kiss him? I start shivering in his arms.

"Jason."

He looks at me in question. I smile at him losing my nerve as soon as I see his hazel eyes. He puts his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes. I feel my heart beating rapidly.

*****

I open my eyes in the morning, reaching for my phone to see if I have a message from Terrance. I want to see what Jason might have said about me needing some money. There's no message from Terrance. I set my phone back on the bed and sit all the way up. I get out the bed and slip my feet into my house shoes.

I walk quietly out the bedroom, wondering if Cameron is home. I know that he is most likely upset with me for my actions last night. I head for the kitchen, preparing myself to have a heated discussion about last night. I know that I'm being a bit unfair to him. I'm not even giving us a fair chance at this relationship thing. It's not that I don't want to, but I'm so hurt and sad over everything that Jason and I are going through. It's hard for me to function without him. I want him near me, or I want to be near him.

I torture myself every minute of the day, wondering what he's doing and if he is trying to move on. I already know that he won't stay single for a long time, because Jason is the kind of dude that has to be in a relationship. It's just a matter of time, before he finds someone to appreciate everything that I didn't. I want to hate him for not forgiving me, but I can't. At the end of the day, he had forgiven me so many times in the past. I guess I reached my limit with this last one.

I walk into the kitchen to find Cameron, putting pancakes on a plate. He looks up at me without saying a single word. I can feel the tension in the air.

"Morning." I say as I sit on a bar stool. "You made breakfast?" I ask him the obvious to clear a little of the tension.

"Yeah, I have to leave out in a minute to go do something, but I cooked a little something for you. When I come back, we can go to lunch, if you're feeling okay."

"Okay."

Cameron pushes my plate in front of me. He stands on the other side of me, eyeing me. "I haven't been in a relationship in a long time. I told you a little about my last relationship. I just think you should know that I don't like how we're starting off." He picks at the pancake on his plate. "If you don't want to be here, that's fine. You could keep the car and shit. I will still be around for the baby. I told you this before. It's about my shorty. I just want a relationship with my child's mom. And I happen to love your spoiled ass. But that shit you did last night, I ain't having it again."

I look down at my plate, listening to his words. I hate to agree with everything that he's saying, but he's right. "I apologize for last night." I slowly look up to meet his eyes. I can see hurt and anger in his eyes.

Cameron pushes his plate out the way. "I got to get out of here. Be ready at noon."

He walks on the other side of the counter and gives me a kiss on the forehead. After that, he walks out the kitchen. I just sit on the bar stool, trying not to compare him to Jason. Cameron didn't tell me where he was going, or anything. I don't know if he's going to be around anyone else.