35 - MELISSA

Melissa

"Really, Jas, because I think me and Mel could take you and Terrance any day of the week in basketball."

Jason smacks his lips and puts his arm around my waist as we head to the basketball game. "Let's bet."

Kerri looks at him. "Bet what?"

Jason looks at me from head to shoes, and a naughty grin comes across his face. I blush and look away as he pulls me closer to him, so he can whisper into my ear. "If I win, I want to taste it."

I smile at him and nod. Kerri and Terrance are just looking at us. I pull him closer and stand on my toes, so that I can whisper something back to him. "If I win, you will taste it." He grins as I grab a ball.

*****

I stand alone, watching the water hit the sand. I wipe a tear from my eyes, closing my eyes for a second. The ultimate disrespect Jason could have done to me was bringing that girl home. He brought her to the party and then this bitch introduced herself to me. He's done a lot of thoughtless shit in the past couple months, but this one definitely takes the cake. I stare out at the water, listening to the music in the background.

I don't even know why he wanted to dance with me. Why does he continue to play with my heart? He knows that I love him more than anything in this life. The moment that I smelled his cologne, my body went into shock mode. Then, the boy put his arms around me and insinuated that we're not getting a divorce. I thought maybe he wanted to try with me again. Hell, I would try with him a thousand times. However many times that he wants me to try with him. I'm in love with him. I guess that I need to find a way to give up the dream of being with him.

I refrain myself from turning around the moment that I feel a pair of arms around me. He puts his head on my shoulders, looking out at the water with me.

"I can't pretend that everything's all good. Nope I can't say that everything's all bad. But I'm gon say that you be on my mind . . . " He sings into my ear. "We had our share of ups and downs, but you know that I'm gon always be around."

I can feel his lips against my ear. I refuse to look at him. I'm so tired of playing this game with him. He is always singing songs to me in privacy. My baby is one of the sweetest guys a girl could have in her life. My baby? Shit he has me falling for him.

"Holla if you need me. I'm going always going to be there for you. Holla if you need me. You know I still got you. And if you ever need me to be what you need, girl, I'm free. And forever you can holla at me."

I tear up more at his words. He still wants me in his life. My heart beats rapidly as I listen to his words. All this time, I thought maybe we weren't meant to be with one another. His girlfriend is somewhere pissed off at him, and he is right here singing to me. This reminds me of old times, when I was just a friend. He used to stay pissin' his girlfriends off with the little things that he would do for me.

"I still be thinking about the things you do. I still be thinking about the times we had. Don't wanna seem like I be missing you, but I am. And damn it's bad, girl. We had our share of ups and down . . . " Jason rocks us from side to side as he sings into my ear with so much emotion. I put my hand on top of his and give it a light squeeze to sort of let him know that I'm on the same page as him. I mouth the words silently to myself as he continues to sing. "Girl, I really really really want to let you know that I really really really can't let you go."

One thing that I will always love about Jason is that he puts it all out there for me, but where was this boy, when he flirted with his current in the hallway? Where was he, when he decided it was okay to drive me all the way home and suddenly act like an ass? I mean, he comes back to Chicago and acts like this is normal. This shit isn't normal! The last interaction we had with one another was when he was telling me that he wants a divorce. Now he's singing Trey Songz, Holla If You Need Me. How do I know that he sincerely mean these words? He's been playing mind and heart games with me for the last few weeks. When you love someone, there's just some things you DON'T do.