42 - MELISSA

Melissa

He tries to grab my hand, but I snatch away again. "Stop trying to fucking touch me! How do you hold me, kiss me, sleep with me, take my virginity, and then justify it in that brain of yours that it's okay to go back to your ex?"

"Mel, I've tried to put a title on us a few times. I told you that I wanted you!"

"You wanted me, but the moment that I don't give in, because I'm concerned about our friendship, you go back to her? What the hell, Jason?"

"Mel, I suck at this. I love you, and I want to be with you. I didn't think you cared."

I give him a dirty look. He needs to shut up, because all he is doing is digging his grave. "How do you think I not care? I was a virgin, Jason! I'm with you all the time! You're at my house, and I'm at yours. When I have a problem, I call you first. You."

*****

"Uno!" I scream out, happily. Giggles erupt from me as I watch Jason eye me from over his cards. "Throw it out!" I scream at him.

"What you need?" He smiles wickedly at me, holding a hand full of cards.

"What you got?"

He continues to eye his cards, trying to figure out how to keep me from going out. We've been playing Uno for the last hour and this is our fourth game. I came to visit him as soon as visiting hours opened up. I was eagerly waiting to receive my visiting tag and see him. It's now going on seven o'clock at night, and I know that I have to be getting home soon.

As much as I wish that I can stay with him, until visiting hours is over, I have to spend some time with Cameron. Since Jason came out of his coma last week, I've been giving him majority of my time. The first couple days that we hung out, we talked very little. He's beginning to get his energy back, little by little.

He finally throws out a red four, mean mugging the hell out of me. He's so petty. I giggle, throwing my wild draw four card on top of his card.

"Fuck!" Jason yells, tossing all the cards off the bed.

I continue to giggle, watching as he throws his temper tantrum. "So, how was therapy today?"

"It was fine. They just want to get me to move around a little. You know, make sure that everything is working fine."

He licks his lips a little, and I swear that he is trying to tease the hell out of me. It could just be my imagination. I smile easily at him and bend over to pick up the cards that fell off the bed. The moment that I feel his touch on my lower back, I look over my shoulders at him.

"My name will always look good on you."

I leave the rest of the cards on the floor and stand up, pulling my jeans up a little. Soon I will have to switch to maternity clothes, because my jeans can't stay up very well.

"Jas, I have to get going. I'm sorry."

I lean over in the bed and go to kiss him on the cheek, but he turns his head and our lips touch. I pull back, before anything further could happen between us. Familiar feelings come rushing to my heart as I keep my eyes on his.

Jason doesn't say anything as he continues to study my eyes, which makes the situation just a tad bit more awkward. I clear my throat, completely getting off the bed.

"Um . . . I will see you tomorrow, Jason. Try to get some rest. Didn't you say that you have to talk to a psychologist?"

He nods his head, but doesn't utter a single word.

I wish that my heart will stop reacting to him as if I haven't known him forever. As if we didn't have a whole drama situation a couple weeks back. Two weeks ago we were disrespecting one another. Now I'm standing in front of him, feeling so freakin' nervous.