21 - JASON 🧡

Jason

I get out the car the moment that I see Ashlee walking out the store. She looks dead at me and the smile on her face grows larger. It's enough to make me break into a little smile. I have a couple surprises for her. After the shit Kerri pulled back at my place, I decided to do something special for my girl. So, I convinced Kerri to stay in the house and lied to her ass, telling her that I will be right back. I just want to spend some alone time with my baby.

Regardless of my actions, Ashlee is my baby. I'm trying to do right by her, but it's not easy. I hate to use my trust and insecurities for the reason why I'm the way that I am, but facts are facts.

"Hey you." Ashlee says to me in a sexy voice, walking up to me.

Instead of responding to her, I wrap my arms around her body and pick her up, squeezing her. Ashlee giggles, putting her arms around my neck. I set her back down and give her a light kiss on the lips.

"I think I might miss you a little."

"Just a little?" She challenges, tilting her head to the side.

"Maybe a little more."

Her smile is so contagious. It melts away whatever hurt is in my heart, temporarily.

"More." I say to her.

She blushes and gets on her toes to give me a kiss on the lips. "I miss you too."

"Let's go."

I open the door for her and wait for her to get in, before closing the door. I hurry to my side of the car and she locks the doors and laughs at me, dangling my key.

"Baby, you going do me like that?" I ask her through the window with a big goofy smile on my face. "Stop playing, girl."

She continues to laugh and finally unlock my door. I hurry and get inside the car, shaking my head at her.

"You play too much."

"I sorwy." She says, trying to sound like a young child. She giggles a little more. Her happiness is so freakin' contagious.

I snatch my keys from her, pretending to be upset with her. "You're going to make me spank the hell out of you."

"I don't see how, when you have your friend at your place."

I start the car and grin a little. I'm so glad that she said something like this. "Yeah, well, I took it upon myself to get us a room tonight. I mean, I know that you're not ready for us to have sex, but I want us to spend some alone time together. We just made things official between us, and I kind of want to be selfish with you. Hope it's fine." I turn to look at her for a second, before pulling into traffic.

"Who says I'm not ready?"

"Say what?" I turn to her quickly. I really don't want to sound so eager, but I need to know if I heard her correctly. Did she just say that she was ready for us going to the next level tonight?

"I said who says I'm not ready?"

"Well, earlier today . . . - - -" I start off, trying to explain to her why I didn't think she was ready.

"Bae, be quiet and drive."

I laugh and nod my head. "I got it. I'm so glad that you're off tomorrow."

"Baby, before we go to the room, can I stop by my house and grab an overnight bag? Maybe take a shower, because I've been at work all night.

"I already got some things for you. I had bought you this sexy lingerie." I stop the car at the red light and turn to her. "I really can't wait to see you in it."