9

Abby Pov:

I was too excited to be bottered by Calums mood swings. I quickly texted Michael saying I had big news that I would tell him later and sped home.

"Dad!" I yelled, looking for him around the house.

"What Abby? I'm really busy," he said, annoyed.

"The University of Sydney wants me to play for their soccer team next year, in college!" I said happily.

"Honey, that's amazing I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it," he rushed over to me giving me a hug.

"We can talk more about this later since your busy," I added, "I'm just going to go up stairs and finish some homework."

He nodded and walked back into his office as I turned to walk up to my room. When I got there I flopped on my bed and got out my computer to study for a while.

After about a half hour of studying I decided I needed a break, considering I new the material pretty well. I checked my phone to see that I had 15 texts from Michael and 2 from Calum.

Michael: Oooh news tell me!

Michael: hellllo?

Michael: Are you really gonna leave me hangin like this??

Michael: Dang rude.

Michael: its ok you're still hot ;)

The texts continued and I just rolled my eyes laughing and responded,

Me: I wanna tell you in person, I'll tell you first thing tomorrow xx

Michael: ugh you suck! xx

Me: goodnight Michael

Michael: night babe x

I smiled and opened Calums texts,

Calum: coach told me about your news.. congrats :)

Calum: sorry I have been a dick to you lately, I'll explain it all soon

Explain what? hmm. I decided not to respond and turn my phone off for the night.

When I wake up in the morning I go into my bathroom to get ready. I didn't feel very good today, but I decided to straighten my hair anyway. After I get dressed I walk back into my room to see Calum sitting on my bed. What the hell?

"Uh, what are you doing?" I asked annoyed, it's just going to be one of those days I guess.

"I wanted to give you a ride so I came to knock on your door and your dad let me in and told me to wait out here," he explained.

"Oh okay, so you're ready to go?" I asked, kind of annoyed.

"Yup," he said popping the 'p.'

"You look really pretty today," he said.

"Thank you," I said smiling. We walked over to his car and got in.

"So are you going to explain what your text meant last night?" I asked.

He didn't respond keeping his eyes on the road.

"I'll explain later," he replied.

When we got to school, we were greeted by Michael, Grace, Charlotte, Ashton and of course Haleigh.