20

Abby Pov:

I look down at my phone and see that 911 has called me. I quickly answer it and hear someone say,"Is this Abby Wilson?"
"Yes it is," I say. Everyone at the table look towards me confused.
"I'm calling to let you know that your father is in the hospital at the moment." At that moment I think I stopped breathing.
"What," I choked out.
"I'm sorry, honey. He was walking in your neighborhood and a drunk driver hit him."
"Well thanks for calling," I whisper in the phone and then hang up. Calum touches my arm to see if I'm okay. I look up at him with tears in my eyes. I shake my head and start bawling. He puts his arm around me and rubs my back.
"It's going to be okay," he says.
"I don't think it will," I say, crying more.
"My dad is in the hospital because he got hit my a car, Calum. I really don't think it will be okay," I sob. Char and Ash are surprised when I say this and we all start to leave the restaurant. Ash leaves some money on the table before we go.

The car ride to the hospital is quiet. Calum is in the back trying to soothe me. As we pull up to the hospital I get out of the car and run to the front desk to see where my dad is.
"James Wilson," I say to the lady behind the desk.
"Room 315," she says. I nod my head and sprint there. As I get there I see my dad laying on a bed hooked up to all these wires and I can't help but cry again. I never wanted to see my parents in this situation and now my dad is. I go to open the door to his room but a doctor stops me.
"I'm sorry you can't go in there unless your a family member."
"I'm his daughter," I say. He nods and let's me in.

As I step into his room I start to tear up again. I walk over to his bed and kneel down next to him. I grab his hand in mine and just enjoy the last moments I know I have with him. The doctor comes in and tells me he will most likely die tonight and I cry the most I have all today. I don't know if I even have tears left. I say my last goodbye to my dad and kiss him on the head.

I leave his room and call my mom.
"M-mom," I cry out.
"What am I going to do?" I ball. (A/N: Her mom already found out about her dad's death)
"Honey, I love you but you know why you left, I would like to say I have changed, but I haven't. I'm the same," she says quietly.
"No, mom please! I need a mom right now."
"I can't," she says, hanging up.

"What was that about?" Calum asks surprising me.
"My mom, she hasnt changed." I say.
"What do you mean she hasn't changed?" He asks, coming towards me, wiping my tears.
"We left b-becasue she was an acoholic, and one day she hit me so we were going to leave until she was better b-b-but shes not better and now I'm all alone," I cry.
"You're not alone baby, you have me," he whispers in my hair.

Two weeks later
Its been 2 weeks. 2 weeks since my dad died. 2 weeks since I have been left alone. Im all alone im this big empty house. Calum and the girls have been here everyday and try to cheer my up but nothing works.
"Come on, Abby, you need to shower," Grace says.
It's also been 2 weeks since I've showered. Gross, I know, but I'm just not up to it. I'm not up to anything.
I ignore Grace and turn the other way. I heard Grace leave the room but return a few minutes later.
"Oh my god, Grace fine I'll take a shower! Would you just leave me the hell alone?" I yell.
"Damn," I hear a voice say, definitely not Grace.
I turn my head and see that the voice came from Michael.
"Michael?"
"Hey," he says.
"You haven't answered any of my texts," he adds.
"I haven't answered anyones texts," I grumble.
"Why?" He asks.
"Why? WHY? Are you kidding me? My dad just died! My mom doesn't want any thing to do with me, I have no money and I'm all alone! And you want to know why I didn't want to answer your texts?" I yell.
"Maybe I don't want to lose more people i care about," I mutter.
"You're not alone. You have Calum, Grace, Charlotte, Luke, Ashton, the whole damn soccer team, and me. I care about you and it hurts to see you like this," he says.
"I need to shower," I say, pushing him out of my room.

After my shower I see that Michael had left but now Calum is here. I see him sitting on my bed doing something on his phone. I close my bathroom door to make myself visible and he look up and comes to hug me. I hug him back and start crying again.
"Hey, don't cry okay. I'm going to take you out right now," he says.
"Really?" I say.
"Yeah, I'm going to try and cheer you up," he says, smiling. I give him a small smile and grab my shoes.
"Well then, let's go," I say.