6

Abby Pov:

It was now 5:00, and the game started at 6;00. I got my soccer uniform on and was putting my socks on when some girls from the volleyball team came in yelling about some homecoming dance or what ever. I knew that I would definitely not get asked by anyone, so I probably won't go.

I finished getting my socks on and left the locker room smiling to the girls who had just came in. I walked down the the soccer field to see that it was only Calum and Michael. Ok, here goes nothing, I thought.

"Hey, Mikey," I said walking over to Michael, giving him a hug.

"Hey babe," he said unfazed by what I was doing, wrapping his arms around me.

Calum coughed, we both looked over to him, me still in Micheal's arms.

"Oh, hey Calum" I said.

"Uh, hey Abby," he said with a confused look on his face.

"You ready for the game?" Michael asked, looking down at me. I stepped back and smiled at him.

"Yeah I'm so excited," I said honestly, glancing at Calum who looked pissed. Good, my plan is working.

"Are you going to the party at Luke's house after?" Michael asked, putting his arm over me.

"Depends, are you?" I asked smirking at him.

"Of course," he responded.

I just hummed in response actually enjoying being in his arms, he was so warm.

As we were talking, I was so caught up in acting like I liked Michael, I didn't notice that most of the team was now out.

"Hey, do you want to pass?" Michael asked.

"I would love to," I said, getting out of his grasp. I headed to the bag of balls to get a ball. When I got there I noticed Calum was getting a ball to practice shooting on Ash.

"Hey Cal," I said.

He just looked at me and walked away. Well damn.

I got the ball out of the bag and walked back to Michael. I placed the ball on the ground and passed to Michael.

We passed the ball for a while until coach told us to start getting warmed up. After warm ups we start passing to each other to get ready for the game. As we were passing I asked Calum to pass me the ball that rolled over towards him, but he just ignored me. Hopefully he won't do that in the game.

Thirty minutes later, the game starts. The coach decides to play me instead of Calum. He looked so pissed. Like, he looked like he was going to murder me. As the game started I got the ball and started dribbling down the field. I thought I was going to score but then a person on the other team took it. And the other team scored right after that. I was so mad and looked like coach was too.

Coach then took me out and put in Calum. Calum looked at me with a face that read, "I should have played in the first place, but he put you in instead." Wow what a great friend. Once Calum went in we starting doing better and we finally got a goal at the end of the half. During half time Calum just glared at me the whole time. I get he is mad about not starting, but I never went back in, so he should chill. I look at Michael and see him looking at me with a little concern. I smile at him and carry on listening to the coach.

The second half starts and, of course, I don't start. I guess today was not my day. Our team gets the ball and starts going to the goal. Michael gets the ball and starts sprinting down the field. But before he could get to the goal, someone tripped him and he fell. He didn't come back up. Oh my gosh, I wonder if he is okay. I get up from the bench to look to see what happened. Michael soon stands up. He comes out of the game and sits next to me.

"You okay?" I ask him.
"Yeah, I think. My ankle just hurts a lot," he says. I lean my head on his shoulder to show him I care. He tenses up at first but then settles down placing his hand on my thigh. I go back to watching the game. I see Calum out in the field with his jaw clenched. What is his problem?

Calum gets the ball from Luke and speeds past a player and goes to the goal. He shoots a powerful shot and the goal goes in the corner of the goal. Everyone cheers and I start freaking out. I realize we only have like five minutes left of the game. I smile when I notice we will most likely win.

Five minutes go by, and we win. Everyone goes crazy and runs out on the field. Charlotte and Grace go and congratulate Luke and Ashton, while I go over to Michael.

"Will you be able to go to the party tonight?" I ask him.
"I hope so," he says.
I give him a small smile and see that Grace and Charlotte are making their way over to me.
"Congrats, even if you didn't play any," Charlotte says.
"Thanks, that makes me feel great," I say with a laugh.
"Oh, I'm sorry,"Char says.
"It's okay, don't worry about it."

"So, you pumped for the party?" Grace asks.
"Yeah my first party in Australia!"
"Yeah," Charlotte says chuckling.
The girls and I go to the locker room to get ready for the party. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Authors note:
Comment any grammar mistakes! :-)