Chapter 36

Cameron

The look on the doctors face when he came out didn't look reassuring. 

"I'm sorry Miss.Summers, but your father didn't make it."  I cried. I wanted to see him. I don't what possessed me but I ran to his room. 

Blood. 

That's all I could see. I couldn't even recognize my own father. I screamed so loud that I'm sure that people in Australia could probably hear me. 

"Cameron wake up!" They yelled and shook me. 

I woke up with a jolt. I looked around to see we were in the same waiting room with the same infomercial on T.V. with the same vending machines. 

I let out a breath of relief. It was only a dream. 

"Bad dream?" Jace asks with a concerned look on his face. 

"Yea," I said. 

"Hey, are you hungry?" He asked. 

"Yea, a little, why?" I said. 

"I was thinking that we could go to the cafeteria to see if we could find some decent food." He said with a small smile.  

"Yea come let's go." I said softly and stood up and held out my hand for him to take. Kind of mockingly kind of not. 

He laughed under his breath and took my hand. We went to the cafeteria hand in hand.
The hallways smelt worse than the waiting room. We passed patient's room then we passed the double doors the lead to the ICU rooms I stopped knowing that my dad was back there and I had no idea of whats happening back there or what was wrong with him. 

I know I shouldn't blame myself but I couldn't help but think that way. If only I didn't go out with Jace and Bryce. I would have been home and herd the pan slam on the ground as he was carrying it to the stove to cook dinner for us. Maybe if I talked to him more maybe their was something he wasn't telling me. All these thoughts running back and forth through my head. 

"Hey, everything will be okay no matter what happens." Jace whispered in my ear and pulled me down the hall so we were no longer by those double doors. 

We went into the cafeteria not many people were there. Only a couple of people here and there. I'm sure it was at least midnight. We grabbed some pre-made sandwiches and some sweet tea. We sat down in the corner of the cafeteria and ate our food in silence.
My dad was on my mind as I ate my sandwich. Old memories of us. 

"Daddy I'm scared."  Six year old me told my dad at midnight. I had woken up from a bad dream where there was a scary person behind a couch and I was trying to escape. 

"Come here sweetheart tell me whats wrong." He said softly and half asleep like, his voice groggy from just waking up. He picked me up and laid me down next to him. 

I told him the story of the scary person behind the couch then he talked to me about how that wouldn't happen because of the guns he has and how he locks the doors every night before he goes to bed. 

I remember when we went fishing for the first time. 

"Like this daddy?" I asked holding my fishing and launching it like he told me. I was about ten. 

"Yea, that was awesome!" He said excited for me. 

I smiled really big. I was happy that I did it right. "Now do you want to know what you do next?" He said excitedly.

"What, what!" I said even more excited than he was. 

"We wait." He said.

"Wait for what?" I asked confused. My dad always seemed to think boring things like waiting is fun. 

"The fish." He said with a smile. 

I took another bite of my sandwich and took another sip of sweet tea. My dad is a heck of a man. I remember when this guy was all over my dad about something so stupid I can't even remember what this guy was yelling at him about. My dad just looked at him said two sentences and walked over to me and Bryce. He didn't yell, give him a dirty look just said what needed to be said and walked away like a bigger person. 

He taught me everything I know from fishing and cooking to writing checks and driving. He's gave me life advice, scared me when I was twelve and told him I had a boyfriend. 

He's my best friend and I'm not ready to let go of him just yet.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Authors Note!

I know it's short! I just wanted to update something since I haven't updated in forever. 

I hope ya'll have a wonderful thanksgiving tomorrow if you're in america! 

QOTD: does anyone watch doctor who? I started watching them earlier this month and I'm on season 7. IF you don't watch doctor who watch it.

LOVE YOU

~Jenna