Chapter 31

Cameron

"Mom?" I said not believing what I'm seeing. 

"I thought you moved out of state?" I said confused. That's what my dad had told me when she left us. 

I was twelve when she left us. I was so confused as to why she left. I remember coming home from school and I asked where mommy was because I wanted to show her my grades. We had gotten our report cards and I had made straight A's like she told me I could do so I was pretty excited to show her. 

My dad had told me that she left. Me still being excited about my grades asked when she was going to be back. Then my dad told me she wasn't going to come back. That she was gone out of state. I was so confused. My dad started to tear up. So I wrapped my arms around him and told him it was going to be okay and that we would make it through this and I would help him raise Bryce. 

I was always strong around my dad. I had to be. My dad was an emotional mess. Sometimes he would look at me or Bryce and start to bawl. I of course would hold him and tell him that we didn't need her. That I didn't need her that Bryce didn't need her. That his love was all we needed. He would always say how that he didn't know how I was being so stable with her leaving us. But what he didn't know is that I would cry at night not knowing why she left or who was to blame. 

Ever since that time I've hated my mom with a burning passion. For leaving me and dad to raise Bryce on our own. For leaving my dad in such in a vulnerable position. Hardly being able to take care of me and Bryce. Leaving me to take care of them both. My dad had lost his job so I had to baby sit, mow lawns, rake lawns. Anything to pay the bills and get food on the table and diapers for Bryce. 

After two months of that my dad then realized he needed to help out, that I should have a normal teenage life and have friends to hang out with and should be worrying about homework and not trying to pay the bills. So my dad got a job at a trucking company working on tractor trailers, semis, eighteen wheeler's whatever you call them. It payed the bills, got us food and diapers, plus extra things that we needed. Enough to start paying payments again. I would sometimes but some money back so we would still have dad's truck. Something that we needed if we wanted grocery's. 

It was hard to get used to living without mom. For her not to come in my room every morning and wake me up. For her not to come with us for parent teacher conference and one of my teachers say 'no mom today'. Which broke my heart. My dad would have to explain the situation with out crying the the teacher would apologize and we would continue the conference trying not to cry. 

My mom brought me back from my memories. "No I've been in Florida this whole time just an hour away. Then I moved back closer here." 

"Why?" I breathed out. I wanted answers and that's what I planned on getting. 

"Why, what?" She asked confused.

"Why did you leave us like that? Why did you think it was a good idea to leave us out of the blue to raise Bryce on our own? Dad was an emotional wreck. He lost his job. I had to get small jobs to pay the bills, to buy food and diapers and other stuff for Bryce. I should have been worrying about homework and not  bills I should have been out having sleep overs with friends, but I didn't have time to make friends since I was the one trying to keep our heads above water something that you should have been doing." I said out. My mom looked defeated. She had pity in her eyes, but I didn't want her pity. I had got enough from other people I didn't need more from her. 

She was about to say something but I cut her off. I stood up and looked at Bryce.

"Come on Bryce I'm sure dad is wondering why we're taking so long." I said and held out my hand for him to grab. We walked out of the restaurant and walked to the car in silence. My mom didn't chase after us, which wasn't surprising.

I Bryce jumped in the back seat while I got in the driver seat. I put my head on the steering wheel trying to process what just happened. I ended up just bursting out in tears. I sat there and cried. I heard Bryce talking on the phone with someone I guess my phone had rang. But I was to busy crying to even realize. Or care that my phone was ringing. 

"Sissy are you okay?" I herd Bryce ask from the passenger seat I guess he had moved. 

I looked over at him and gave him a smile. My tears had died down some. Bryce gave me a sad look and crawled over into my lap and gave me a hug. Which made me cry more. I don't know why maybe I was starting my period soon. 

"Sissy I can't breathe." Bryce said. 

I let go and apologized. "It's okay. I like hugging you tight too but your stronger so it's not tight so I can't breathe and if I don't breathe then I'll die." He rambled on. 

I laughed. "Well I won't hug you as tight next time." I said and gave him a small smile. 

I heard a knock on the window which scared the crap out of me make me scream and jump a little.

I looked over to see Jace standing there with a smile on his face. I gave him a sad smile back, and opened up the door. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I was talking on the phone with Bryce and he said that you were crying so I asked him where you guys were at and he explained what happened in the restaurant. Plus he said that you were in the drivers seat and I didn't want you driving while you were emotional." He explained. 

I set Bryce down in the seat and got out of the car and hugged Jace. I can't believe I had a friend that would actually cared about me and Bryce. I don't Jace confused me half the time. Sometimes I feel like Jace is more than a friend then I feel like he's the perfect friend and I don't want to ruin that by feeling something more than I should. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Authors Note!!

Cameron has a lot on her plate. 

I will be updating soon because I'm at my nana's and I don't really do anything but write while I'm over here. lol

but I wanted to hurry up and update so a new chapter will be up in the next day or so. 

I love every single one of you!!

Thank you to everyone that reads votes comments!!

~Jenna