Chapter 35

Jace

Me and Cameron are sitting in the waiting room of the hospital waiting for the doctors to tell us whats happening with her dad. Bryce was at their aunts house, Cameron didn't want to put Bryce through this even if we found out it was only something simple and we didn't need to be over complicating the situation, but I think anyone would think it was something serious if they found someone passed out on the floor not responding. 

We have been in the waiting room for a good four hours now. On our fourth hour the nurse came out and told us they had his heart rate stable and was now running test to find the cause of it all. Cameron and I are laying on the on of couches they had in the waiting room. She had fallen asleep on me and I was watching the cartoons on the t.v. they had on. 

I hated seeing Cameron like this. She had already lost her mom and she only has her dad left. I can't imagine what's running through her head right now. She just looked so broken, like she couldn't imagine life without her dad, when we were waiting for the nurse to come out and tell us what's going on, but that still didn't help her from being worried. 

She didn't say much to me. I didn't mind, I understand. I wouldn't want to talk about what's happening either. I just held her onto her while she couldn't keep her head above water right now.