Chapter 25

Cameron

I sighed. I was looking forward to explaining this. "You might want to sit down this might take a while." He went and sat down on his bed and I sat down in his desk chair.

"When I first started cheering with my ex best friend last year it was a new experience, I finally was going to cheer with a friend, and I was excited." I smiled at the memory. (A/N okay so where they're cheering at is a out of school cheer team)

My friend Courtney and I was running through the entrance trying not to be late for our first practice. "Come on Cameron! Move them legs!" I hear Courtney yell over her shoulder. I laugh and speed up. We finally reached our practice place, and thankfully they hadn't started yet.

"Alright girls line up!" Our coach yelled. The talking stopped and we all lined up. She explained that we were going to be doing warming up exercises. She said that they were called series. Then we were to stretch as a team, then we had to run a lap around the football field.

Once we did all that we started on cheers. Their were some that were easy some hard. After we were finished we had a ten minute break to get water or a Gatorade, maybe a snack too. Me and Courtney were sitting at a picnic table drinking Gatorade and talking about work at school.

"Oh my gosh. Look at the football players." She leaned in and whispered to me. I turned around to see all the boys coming in for a break too. "Ohh, one's looking right at you Cameron."

I rolled my eyes. "I promise that I will never in my life date a football player." I said. Courtney gasped. "And why the heck not!" She practically screamed. "Because they think they're all that." I said and put a french fry in my mouth.

A one week had passed and we had our first game today. After the game we had won everyone on the team went out to get pizza at local place. I went to the bathroom and I come out to find Courtney making out with one of the football players. I rolled my eyes and chuckled of course she was making out with a football player, that's all she talked about how number 47 was so hot. I just laughed and agreed with her. Since Courtney was busy with number 47 I went and sat with the other girls on our team.

Courtney had become more distant and hanging out with other girls. When I try to join a conversation I usually got ignored or told off. Basically the whole cheer team hated me. Once that happened I started to point out the bad things about me why they would hate me. I told my self that it was because I was bigger, that I couldn't tumble, I couldn't be a flyer. All these bad thoughts consumed me to the point where I went into a I don't care phase. It was like I was being rude to anyone but I just stood in the background doing what they tell me to do. Not having fun at all. Not even a smile and no one cared, or at least that's what I thought.

When we were running around the football field I was behind everyone. I was never really that fast anyways. I slowed down to a walk to catch my breath. Okay once I get to that post I'm running again. I told my self. Most of the girls were done and resting and waiting to start. Then they started to yell at me to hurry up. With a sigh I started running again. The football players had started their laps and was passing me.

"You know you should smile more it suits you." I almost had a heart attack. I looked over to see one of the Varsity football players running beside me. I rolled my eyes and speed up to get to our spot.

"Hey!" He yelled, but I was already at our practice spot. "Next time Cameron, try to move your legs and not your lips." Our coach had told me. I wasn't even talking to him!

I just sighed and got into our formation. When we had our break I went and sat on a bench by my self with a bottle of water. I took my phone out of my bag and started to read a book that I just bought. Then someone sat down next to me. I didn't look over to see who it was I just kept reading my book.