Chapter 23

Cameron

A chuckle vibrated from his chest. "If you can catch me." He whispered and took off.

Ugh that jerk. I laughed and took off after him. He looked back and shot me a million dollar smile that made my stomach go crazy. Where are all these feeling coming from. Just a few weeks ago I thought he was some stupid football player that likes to mess around but I guess those feelings got deeper than I attended them to.

Pushing those thoughts to the back of my head I focused on catching Jace. When Jace didn't give up on running and I let him get a good distance away then I started running the opposite direction. I got behind a palm tree waiting for him to run by.

I herd foot steps, I peeked every so slightly from behind the tree, he was coming in hot I would have to time it perfectly. Or wing it.

Yea, the second option sounds better.

He was getting closer and I barely saw a glimpse of him and I jumped and thank fully landing on him causing him to fall and me landing on top of him. I laughed and got close to his face and whispered: "Caught ya." I leaned in kissed him right by his mouth. I smirked and ran off.

"Catch me if you can." I said in a challenging tone, repeating his words. He had determination in his eyes and a smirk planted on his face.

We spent the rest of the day chasing each other and playing in the water. We didn't even go out to the gulf, and I was okay with that. We are currently laying in the sand looking up at the sky, I was resting my head on his chest and he had his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"What time is it?" I asked. My dad was probably wondering where I was at by now. Hopefully he's not to mad at me.

"I don't know, does it look like I have a watch?" He says sarcastically. I slapped his chest.

"Ow! Really?" He said and rubbed his chest.

"Man up." I said and cuddled more into his chest.

"You're so abusive."

I scoffed. "Yea right."

He stood up. "Come on, it's probably getting late and I don't want your dad to kill me." He held out his hand for me to take, which I did. We pushed the jet-skis off the shore and left.

Once we got to the boat ramp the sun was starting to set and the sky was a pretty orange tones. We got everything loaded up and headed back to his house. It's around seven-thirty.

"Do you want to stop and get something to eat?" He turned down the radio, that was playing some country song that I didn't know the name to, and looked at me. (We are at a red light by the way)

"No I'm fine." I said and gave him a smile. I just wanted to go home and sleep. I'm glad today's Friday.

Jace smiled back at me and put up the console and patted the seat. I happily obliged and slid over. I cuddled into his side while he drove.

Today was probably the best day ever because today I realized that I like the person that I would never fall for. But I did and I didn't know how I feel about it. I mean I like Jace and everything but am I ready to fall for this football player?