"What do you need of Katherine?" He asked, crooking his head to side with a frown.

"I can't explain all the details, but she's in danger. Well, both of us to say the least. A danger is coming to town either soon or later." I said, leaning against a nearby tree.

"But you are both vampires. Your blood is useless." He explained.

"Not if you're an experienced 1000 year old witch. This time it's not just one after me. Now's there is two." I saw that inquisitive look, so I had to stop him. "Like I said, I can't explain, but I will in a short time, but I need Katherine." I said, pleading voice intact.

He stared at me for a moment, before resigning. "I will try, but I can't promise anything. Katherine has been running all her life. I'm going to take a guess and say that Elijah doesn't know about any of this." He said.

"He doesn't, but I will tell him when the time is right. I have a plan in place that I can't waiver on Stefan. It ensures the safety of my babies." I said, sighing, feeling a new wave of fatigue take over me.

Stefan grasp my shoulders, pulling me into his arms. "You can't always take on the weight of all your problems." He said, hugging me close, rocking me side to side.

A few tears escaped me, so I hugged Stefan tighter. "But look where that's gotten the people I care about to? Either dead or turning into a vampire, Stef. What I'm about to do... Elijah will change the way he looks at me forever. Admiration to hate." I said, pulling away to look in his eyes.

He brushed my tears away, then kissing my forehead. "Whatever it is, Elijah will come to recognize what you did for the good of things. I will find Katherine for you." Stefan said.

I smiled. "Thanks." I could a raindrop fall unto my face. "We should get back before it starts to rain." I said, looping my arm around his. I laid my head against his shoulder as we walked back in comfortable silence, leaving me to unsettled conscious.

Elijah's POV

I finally got the house settled when Elena came walking through the door. The sun has finally settled, leaving a dark sky with a heavy rain. She slipped her wet hair to the back with a dim smile my way.

"Was it a nice walk?" I asked, going to stand in front of her.

"It was refreshing. Stefan walked me back, before leaving with Enzo back home." She looked around the room it held the party. "I would have helped to clean. I'm sorry." She said, looking up to me.

"I wouldn't let you help anyways. You're heavily pregnant. You shouldn't be straining yourself." I said, rubbing both of her arms. "Plus, I wanted to get done faster to show another present." I said, smirking at her shock face.

"The babies have enough clothes and booties to open a boutique for babies!" She exclaimed, looking wide eyed.

"I know you wouldn't mind this one. Follow me." I grabbed her hand and lead her up the spiral staircase to the second floor. I pulled her to the right and going to the second door to the left. We stopped outside the room. I looked to her with a smile.

"You want me to close my eyes?" She said, smirking. I place her hand the knob, then placing my hands on her eyes. I leaned down to her ear and whispered, "Open." Elena fiddled with knob, pushing the door open. I lead her in, making sure she didn't trip. Once she was in, I turned on the light. I pulled my hands away, standing behind her.

I knew she opened her eyes, because her hands flew to her mouth. She inched forward slowing, turning view the whole nursery. Klaus had painted mural that depicted the different transitions of the day into a night sky with stars and a moon on the ceiling. Kol and I worked on handcrafting three cribs, dark cherry wood.

The floor was carpeted with plush black shag rug. There was various play stations positioned around the room. She finally completed her turn, landing her tear stained eyes on me. "This is... amazing!" She whispered excitedly.

She came over to hug me, wrapping her arms tightly around me. I tried to keep it conserved, but her natural scent wafted over me. I nuzzled my nose into her neck, inhaling quietly. She pulled back slowly, her nose leaving a tingling trail along my jaw. She pulled back enough to look in my eyes, noses touching.

I moved in a inch, giving her time to pull away. She gravitated closely to me. Our lips brush, then kiss became firmer. My hands found their way to her face, brushing her jaw with my thumb. The lights flickered off, causing us to pull away. The sounds of rain pelting against the window and our heavy breaths filled the room.

I was going to go turn the lights back on, but was persuaded differently when her lips met mine in a urgency. Her hands pushed off my jacket, then going for my dress shirt, which she just tore through.

She pulled away, giving me a chance to remove her shirt. After that, we were attacking each other lips again, tongue at play this time. Her hands skimming down my bare chest, eliciting a groan from me. Her hands found my belt buckle, then something snapped. I stopped her hands, stepping back. She huffed in annoyance, looking me in the eyes. "What?" She moaned, holding onto my arms.

I looked to her eyes, filled with lust and frustration, making me want laugh. "I don't want to hurt you." I whispered, running my hand through her hair. Her features soften with a gentle smile.

She placed her hands against my face, pulling me down to her level. She stared in my eyes. "I trust you, Elijah!" She looked for another moment, before kissing me again. No more hesitation. I haven't felt this right every since the last time I with her soo intimately.

Something changed that night and there was no going back.