"Nothing's wrong, sweetie," Alejandro said. The Alpha looked at his wolf pup sadly.

"I want you to know I will always protect you," Alejandro said gravely; his tone made Karla shudder. "You and all of the others,"

"I know," Karla blinked. "You are the alfalfa,"

Alejandro chuckled. "Alpha, mija,"

"I said that," the little girl furrowed her eyebrows. "Didn't I?"

Alejandro ruffled the girl's hair, smiling. "Of course, Karla,"

His smile vanished. "But, since I am the Alpha, you are my heir,"

"Air?" Karla asked, confused. "I thought I was a werewolf,"

"Yes, princesa, you are. What this means is you will take over for me when I am gone,"

"Where are you going?" the girl asked with wide eyes.

Alejandro looked down sadly. Trouble was brewing. A tribe of nomadic vampires decided that the vampire coven in the region needed, ah, prep, as they put it. Alejandro and the Alpha of the other pack didn't like it, but they didn't know what to do. Alejandro was skeptical about the other Alpha. His name was Liam. Alejandro didn't know how a sixteen year old could be an effective Alpha. A pack of teenagers might be the worst thing he could ever think of.

Karla looked up at her father with curious eyes.

"Nowhere, princesa," Alejandro said quietly. "I'm going nowhere,"

~

Karla found out four years later that her father lied.

"Stay here," Milika said as the kids crouched together in the secluded cave. "Do not come out, no matter what you hear,"

"Mommy what's happening?" Dinah asked. The seven ten year olds were terrified. Some guy came up to their house, demanding for Alejandro. Milika snuck the kids out and hid them in a cave on the Payne pack territory.

"Nothing, do not worry," Milika said, unconvincing. She ran off.

"I'm scared," Ally said, tears in her eyes. "I want my mommy,"

"I do not like this place," Michael shuddered. "What do we do, Karla?"

"I do not know," Karla said. "We have to wait for my daddy to come save us,"

"Who was that man?" Shawn asked. "He did not look friendly,"

"Vampires, duh," Bea rolled her eyes. "They are like Dracula, hot, hazardous... it's like playing with dynamite,"

"I hope my folks are okay," Luke said quietly. "I hope all of our folks are okay,"

"They will be," Karla reassured. "They are strong. They can-"

An ear piercing scream shot through the night air. The children froze.

"No..." Karla mumbled.

Dinah shot up. "Mommy!"

Luke and Michael grabbed her arms, trying to hold her down.

"China, no! Aunty Milika told us not to leave!" Karla said.

"That's my mommy!" Dinah cried. "My mommy is hurt!"

Dinah broke down, crying. It broke Karla's heart to see her best friend like this. Their parents were out there, dying. And she was helpless.

~

"Get out," Liam spat. Those words hit Zayn like a sledgehammer.

"I really can't do anything, it's not my fault-"