Chapter 14

Lauren spent the rest of the day fuming. And she had no idea why.

Camila is not your girlfriend. You have no right to be jealous, she thought to herself, praying it was her own personal thoughts instead of the one linked to Camila.

I am not jealous, Lauren assured herself.

She thought of the list of names that could have the nickname Ari.

Aria. Arielle. Ariana. Arizona. They all sounded like bitchy names. Camila would never go for a girl like that.

Yep, totally not jealous.

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Zendaya asked, poking Lauren with her elbow in the ribs at lunch. "You're sulking,"

"It's nothing," Lauren brushed off, resting her chin in her hand. "Not a big deal,"

"Well it must be if it's got you in a bad mood. C'mon, talk to the queen," Zendaya said, throwing an arm around Lauren's shoulder.

Lauren sighed. "Is there anyone in this school who goes by Ari?"

Zendaya blinked at her.

"I thought this was girl problems,"

"This is a girl problem,"

Zendaya thought for a minute. "Not that I know of, no,"

Lauren groaned. Who was this Ari Camila was texting?

"Why do you ask?"

"It's nothing," Lauren shrugged.

Normani suddenly ran through the lunch room doors and slammed her hands down on the table.

"Hey," she panted. "If I were to get arrested and gave you the money, would you come bail me out of jail?"

"What?" Zendaya and Lauren exclaimed at the same time.

"Sure," Maia shrugged, looking down at her phone screen. Normani took a fistful of bills out of her pocket before thrusting them into Maia's outstretched hands.

"Thanks Mi, expect a to call tomorrow," Normani said, running away.

Zendaya and Lauren exchanged a look before glancing at Maia, who was counting the money Normani gave her.

"I'll get her," Lauren said, before rushing after her friend.

"Why do you plan on getting arrested?" Lauren asked Normani when she found the girl standing at her locker.

"Dinah wants me to assist her in a task. It involves breaking and entering. I needed to make sure someone was there in case I got caught," Normani shrugged.

"Um, what?"

"Something about the vampire house. The scent of werewolves is stronger than the scent of humans so they are going to cause an intercession,"

"Intervention?"

"Yeah,"

"Wouldn't they be able to find humans? Does the smell of dog mask that?" Lauren asked.

"Apparently,"

"Damn... good to know,"

"What is?" Camila asked, walking up behind the two girls.

"That your wet dog scent is stronger than the smell my delicious human blood," Normani said casually.

"Geez... I don't smell that bad, do I?" Camila asked, checking her underarms.