Chapter 18

"I am begging you to not bombard her like you did to the other people I dated," Lauren pleaded. She was FaceTiming her two best friends from Miami.

"Relax, Laur, we won't," Alexa assured.

"I make no such promises," Vero said, texting someone on her phone.

"Vero-"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure she won't," Alexa rolled her eyes. "You must really like her if you don't want Vero to see if she's 'worthy' like she did to Luis and Keana,"

"Are you kidding? Luis was a beard and Vero made Keana never want to talk to her again," Lauren chuckled. "But I know Camila's intentions are pure so I don't need the examination you guys give,"

"Aw, that's sweet. Is she hot?" Vero asked. "Do you have a picture?"

"Not a good one,"

"Does she have an Instagram?"

"No,"

"Facebook?"

"Nope,"

"Twitter?"

"Not that I know of,"

"Oh my god, she really is a lumberjack in the woods," Vero said, wide eyed. "How does she not have any social media?"

"It's just not important to her I guess," Lauren shrugged.

"Oh god, she's not one of those weird hippies who live in the forest and like, bathes in mud, is she?" Alexa asked.

"Ew, gross. No, she's normal,"

"And she's still dating you after she met your parents?"

"She hasn't really met them yet, but she will before we leave since they want to be able to sit down and talk to her. She should be here soon, actually,"

"That poor girl,"

"I know,"

"What time's your flight?"

"Like 2, Dad said we will get at your house at like, 4ish,"

"I am excited to meet your girlfriend, I want to see how hot she is," Vero said. "Thanksgiving this year is going to be bomb AF,"

"Laur! She's here!" Chris called.

"Send her up!" Lauren yelled.

"Is that her?" Alexa asked, trying to crane her neck, as if she could see outside the computer screen.

"Hellooooo," Camila dragged out, throwing her suitcase at the foot of Lauren's bed. She jumped on top of her girlfriend and attacked her face with kisses.

"Oh my gay," Vero said, mouth dropped open. Alexa smacked her arm.

"Are these your friends?" Camila asked, cheeks flushing. Her voice dropped, and it sounded possessive. "One of them isn't Keana, is it?"

"No, it's not, don't worry," Lauren murmured, still pinned down under Camila. She tilted her head up to kiss her again.

"Keep it in your pants, Lauren Michelle!" Alexa called.

Lauren turned to glare at her friends. "Alexa, Vero, this is my girlfriend Camila,"

"Hi," Camila smiled.

"Wow you are hot," Vero said bluntly. Alexa cupped her hand over the other girl's mouth.

"Hi, I'm Alexa," she grinned. "This is Vero. She is very gay,"

"Nice to meet you," Camila said. Her eyes lit up. "Don't you mean Vero gay?"

Alexa looked at the computer screen like she was on The Office while Lauren laughed and Vero tried to get out of her grip.