Chapter 11

When Camila got to the lake, Liam and Niall were already waiting for her.

"Good morning, Miss Camila! Fun night?" Niall asked, smiling, totally ignoring the fact that there was a dead body at his feet.

Liam rolled his eyes, scoffing at the vampire. "How can you say that?"

"Just askin' the lady how her night was-"

"Someone died, Finn MacCoul, it's not the time to be all bright and cheery," Liam scolded.

Camila studied the body. It was a guy, probably in his twenties. He was wet, Camila assumed they pulled him out of the lake.

"Scratches, again?" Camila asked. Liam nodded.

"Why do bodies keep coming up on your territory, when you swear your pack is innocent?" Liam said suspiciously.

"This was the first time it happened during a full moon," Camila pointed out. "My guys were with me last night,"

"No one was in the cellar?"

"Well, one, but he was still locked up when we got back,"

"Don't cha think the town will send the feds to hunt down the wolf thingy?" Niall chipped in.

"Well they won't find the wolf cause whoever is killing these people is definitely a supernatural," Liam said, gesturing to the body. "Animals would have tore off limbs or decapitated or eat the flesh, every part of the body is intact. The only difference is the throat has been torn out,"

"Do we have any leads?" Camila asked.

"As of right now, no. Are you sure your pack-"

"My pack is innocent," Camila gritted her teeth. "What reason would I have to kill civilians?"

"Just asking," Liam defended. "It always seems to happen on your territory,"

"Well maybe I'm being framed. If I were to kill someone do you honestly think I would be stupid enough to put it on my own grounds?"

"I think the person who is doing this has a justified reason," Niall said, nudging the body with his boot. "I mean, who kills for sport?"

"Vampires," Liam muttered.

"Aye, I heard that. Watch it, wolfie," Niall said jokingly. Camila and Liam shared an uneasy glance.

"I smell humans," Niall pointed out. "Park rangers are probably coming. Let's scram,"

~~

Liam was walking Camila back to her house, discussing what happened the night before.

"It seems like the person killing these people are trying really hard to make it look like it's me," Camila said, running a hand through her hair.

"That's understandable. I don't understand the motive behind it though. Are they trying to get you guys hurt? Your pack already suffered enough due to McVey's punishment on your-" Liam stopped when he saw Camila's face fall.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to say that," Liam said, wrapping an arm around Camila's shoulder.

Camila shrugged. "It's fine, I guess. I've accepted it,"

"What James did was wrong, your father was innocent,"

"I know, but it's kinda hard to beat a thousand year old vampire with just your word,"

Liam looked down apologetically. "You have the heart of a warrior, kid,"

They arrived at Camila's house, Zayn sitting on the front steps. Camila frowned; she did not want to be here to witness Liam and Zayn interacting.